2 of 3
CCV Custom Object Tracker : Preview Release
Posted: 13 July 2010 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-15
Total Posts:  419

Amit, I’ve put together a sample of the object loss due to camera distortion I was talking about.
This video shows use with a single object.

Initially I run it with both object and finger detection enabled.  This is why the ID changes as it does.  Then i turn off finger detection and just leave object detection on.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Signature 

Personal MT Blog
Mesa Mundi Inc. and Online Store

Posted: 13 July 2010 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-21
Total Posts:  561
Elite
grimjack2600 - 13 July 2010 10:15 PM

Amit, I’ve put together a sample of the object loss due to camera distortion I was talking about.
This video shows use with a single object.

Initially I run it with both object and finger detection enabled.  This is why the ID changes as it does.  Then i turn off finger detection and just leave object detection on.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Thanks grimjack2600. Now I understand what you mean . I will take care of the distortion in next release. I will provide an option to undistort the image in the config.xml file and I will undistort the image according to calibration.  This never occurred to my mind though rasberry !

Also, in case you are using Finger tracking also, I would recommend to use a bigger object (say a mobile phone, so that the blob don’t come in the finger blob size range ) so that they don’t get confused.

Signature 

~~Amit~~

Website - Twitter - Facebook

Posted: 16 July 2010 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

great video thanks for sharing jack, and nice name too 2600 wink

Signature 

~

Posted: 22 July 2010 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-17
Total Posts:  8

Great great work, tracked the objects and rotation perfectly on surface.
Although (at least for me) couldn’t receive UDP tracked data with TouchLib LCConnector :(

Posted: 23 July 2010 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-22
Total Posts:  7

Hello,

I just compiled this object tracking version of CCV for testing on the Mac, so I thought I would share it with the community.

Its compiled for the 10.5 sdk, but I have only tested it on 10.6 using a PTGrey FireFly and the built in isight everything seems to work the same as the windows version, there was a bug in the code where the PS3 camera variable was only declared inside a #ifdef Windows but then called outside the #ifdef Windows, otherwise no major problems to compile.

I also compiled a second more “experimental” version which uses apples newer QTKit instead of the standard C Quicktime API. I only tested it with the PTGrey Firefly but the image quality is greatly improved over the standard version and supposedly it allows more USB cameras to work on OSX, however it does end up using about 20% more CPU cycles. Also I the camera settings dialog seems to be broken.

Its based on this addon I found on the openframeworks forum:
http://www.openframeworks.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3555

-noah

File Attachments
CCVFiducial_QTKit.zip  (File Size: 8776KB - Downloads: 590)
CCVFiducial_norm.zip  (File Size: 8783KB - Downloads: 514)

Posted: 23 July 2010 02:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-21
Elite
slugmobile - 23 July 2010 12:03 AM

Hello,

I just compiled this object tracking version of CCV for testing on the Mac, so I thought I would share it with the community.

Its compiled for the 10.5 sdk, but I have only tested it on 10.6 using a PTGrey FireFly and the built in isight everything seems to work the same as the windows version, there was a bug in the code where the PS3 camera variable was only declared inside a #ifdef Windows but then called outside the #ifdef Windows, otherwise no major problems to compile.

I also compiled a second more “experimental” version which uses apples newer QTKit instead of the standard C Quicktime API. I only tested it with the PTGrey Firefly but the image quality is greatly improved over the standard version and supposedly it allows more USB cameras to work on OSX, however it does end up using about 20% more CPU cycles. Also I the camera settings dialog seems to be broken.

Its based on this addon I found on the openframeworks forum:
http://www.openframeworks.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3555

-noah

Wow man , This is a great news ! Thanks for the work mate ! When next version is done, I will contact you. So that we can have the release for Mac too !

Signature 

~~Amit~~

Posted: 23 July 2010 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-21
Elite
gl1tch - 22 July 2010 08:02 PM

Although (at least for me) couldn’t receive UDP tracked data with TouchLib LCConnector :(

Hi.
yes, people have reported problems with that. I am having a look into the code now.

Can you please verify if Only Finger Tracking gives such error or not? let me know.

Signature 

~~Amit~~

Posted: 23 July 2010 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-22
Total Posts:  7

Sure! No problem, looking forward to the next version!

Posted: 25 July 2010 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-17
Total Posts:  8
Amit - 23 July 2010 02:21 AM

gl1tch - 22 July 2010 08:02 PM

Hi.
yes, people have reported problems with that. I am having a look into the code now.

Can you please verify if Only Finger Tracking gives such error or not? let me know.

Actually i was wrong, i got data to flash by UDP using LCConnector , but it only tracks fingers or objects at a time:

- if you only choose fingers it sends fingers id’s sessions
- if you only choose objects it sends proper object id session
- if you choose both objects and fingers it only sends objects id’s and keeps sending them even if object is not displayed

Posted: 26 July 2010 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-21
Elite
gl1tch - 25 July 2010 05:55 PM

Actually i was wrong, i got data to flash by UDP using LCConnector , but it only tracks fingers or objects at a time:

- if you only choose fingers it sends fingers id’s sessions
- if you only choose objects it sends proper object id session
- if you choose both objects and fingers it only sends objects id’s and keeps sending them even if object is not displayed

Thanks mate for pointing this out. This is a real bug which wll cause problems. Will be solving it soon I guess. Thanks =). Also the TUIO XML bug has been solved for people’s information =).

Signature 

~~Amit~~

Posted: 16 August 2010 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-25
Total Posts:  39

hey, great stuff you’re doing here. I am interested in the tracking process, does the tracker only differentiate between different sizes of rectangles or can it tell a triangle and ellipse apart?

Posted: 16 August 2010 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-21
Elite

Yes , right now I am checking with different sizes of contour binding rectangles. You can see this post where I elaborated why I chose this : http://amitsarangi.wordpress.com/2010/06/01/rotation-invariant-template-matching/. <-- This is much more faster and pretty accurate

But yeah , contour matching (as my original plan) is my next thing to research upon , my next semester academic project! May be I can get something efficient enough to integrate smile.

Signature 

~~Amit~~

Posted: 18 August 2010 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-18
Total Posts:  882

here a quick report from my first test
I spent a couple of hours tonight testing the 1.3.2 CCV COT on Windows 7.
It ran right out of the box, just need to change the “camera size” settings in the config.xml to hook my Firefly MV .
Then i tried to track a couple of transparent boxes that were laying around in the lab .
I did the test on an 47” LLP setup ( i built that blackbox last year with the Muchomedia team).
I had hard times @ the beginning cos’ i thought it was “contour detection “, in fact it’s more “ blob size “ detection .
Since LLP have great contours but no filled shape , i had to change completly my usual settings .
So i filled the empty shapes with a bit of blur & a lot of noise wink tongue rolleye
Then It works nicely, the tracking is smooth ( even when the object spins around...)
Performance are perfect, it seems as fast as usual (60FPS).
Since i had to push the settings , the smallest object was a bit tricky cos’ it was almost the same size as the fingertips ...(as mentioned earlier by Amit))
I had no time to implement a small demo so no video ...
Congrats & thanks AMit for this great tool & new toy .

Image Attachments
CCV_cot_test.jpg
 Signature 

How many touches can you simultaneously perform ? 
Coming soon : EveryWall MT / Multi LaserPointers / MT SMS Wall
le WIKI en Fran├žais

Posted: 02 September 2010 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-21
Elite

Everyone on this thread, I am very glad to announce that my work has been integrated with CCV 1.4 which has been released grin. Please check it out @ http://amitsarangi.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/ccv-1-4/. There are some major changes, so don’t forget to read fully before trying out grin. Any questions/suggestions , shoot smile !

Signature 

~~Amit~~

Posted: 02 September 2010 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-15
Total Posts:  419

This is great!  I’ve been testing fids and this works wonderfully.  Thanks again Amit (and all)!

Signature 

Personal MT Blog
Mesa Mundi Inc. and Online Store

2 of 3