1 of 2
“Community Core Vision has stopped working”
Posted: 07 July 2010 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-05
Total Posts:  12

Hi all,

I’ve been having great success with Daniel D’s driver; however, I’m stuck in the process of getting CCV to work. If anyone could help me out, I’d be very grateful.

Details: Camera is working well. (Windows 7 (32-bit) is installed and is up-to-date. Quicktime and VC Redist x86 are installed. When first running CCV, needed to stick msvcr71 and msvcp71 in the same folder. The current problem occurs whenever I try running CCV. I have tried 1.3, 1.2, the file from Art (for background running of CCV) and the MashineGun mod to allow for easier .swf control. I would particularly love to get Art’s mod (http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/10089/) working, as the other people who would use this touchscreen would undoubtedly try to tamper with the settings… I’m also downloading SDK to make MTV run as a service so that it is not visible.

So, at the moment I am still trying 1.3 and Art’s versions.
When I load Art’s mod ("CCV.exe"), I immediately get a window saying “Community Core Vision has stopped working” etc. (incidentally, I haven’t looked at the code but it’s surprising that Art’s program is on 20 KB large; have I gone wrong?).
When I load 1.3 ("Community Core Vision.exe"), cmd runs until “Starting in full mode” and then I get the same window saying “Community Core Vision has stopped working” etc.

I’ve tried several remedies, toying with the config, etc. but nothing has worked and I’m out of ideas atm - any help would be fantastic. Many thanks in advance for anything you can offer,

Raphael

Posted: 07 July 2010 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

Wait so does the default CCV 1.3 or 1.2 work properly? Also what kind of camera are you using?

Signature 

~

Posted: 07 July 2010 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-05

None works properly - when 1.3 didn’t work, I tried 1.2 - same result. I’m now only focusing on 1.3/Art mod

Camera is a Genius Webcam Loom 317
640x480 30 fps.

Thanks!

Posted: 08 July 2010 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-14
Total Posts:  1897
Dedicated

try running CCV as admin, be sure to allow it in your firewall (usually that’s the problem), and try 320*240 first…

Signature 

One more but very useful blog : http://blog.cktouch.com/
Rear DI + Windows Seven = So Nice…

Posted: 08 July 2010 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-05

Hi, nothing changes when running CCV as admin or with 320*240. Firewall was allowing everything.

I tried updating Directx and after doing that, the cmd completely ran through and then opened CCV (for the first and only time), but the window’s contents were pure white and immediately crashed, showing “Community Core Vision is not working”. I then restarted, and tried running CCV and got the attached screenshot. This time, CCV did not open after the cmd.

Thanks for the replies, I seem to have taken a step forward followed by a step back; do you have any more ideas?

Image Attachments
Untitled.png

Posted: 08 July 2010 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

Could you please attach your CCV config.xml file? You can find it in the data folder.

Signature 

~

Posted: 08 July 2010 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-05

EDIT:
Have tried a different camera with various configurations - no difference at all.

Posted: 08 July 2010 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-05

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<CONFIG>
    <!--
/////////////////////////////////////////

YOU CAN MANUALLY EDIT THE FEATURES BELOW

///////////////////////////////////////////// -->

<!--// CAMERA SETTINGS // -->

<CAMERA_0>
        <
USECAMERA>1</USECAMERA>
        <
DEVICE>1</DEVICE>
        <
WIDTH>320</WIDTH>
        <
HEIGHT>240</HEIGHT>
        <
FRAMERATE>30</FRAMERATE>
    </
CAMERA_0>
    <!--
// NETWORK COMMUNICATION SETTINGS //-->

<NETWORK>
        <
LOCALHOST>127.0.0.1</LOCALHOST>
        <
TUIO>0</TUIO>
        <
TUIODEFAULTPORT_OUT>3330</TUIODEFAULTPORT_OUT>
        <
TUIOPORT_OUT>3333</TUIOPORT_OUT>
        <
TUIOFLASHPORT_OUT>3000</TUIOFLASHPORT_OUT>
    </
NETWORK>
    <!--
// VIDEO SETTINGS // -->

<VIDEO>
        <
FILENAME>test_videos/RearDI.m4v</FILENAME>
    </
VIDEO>
    <!--
// BLOB SETTINGS // -->

<BLOBS>
        <
MAXNUMBER>60</MAXNUMBER>
    </
BLOBS>
    <!--
/////////////////////////////////////////

DO NOT EDIT THE VALUES BELOW

///////////////////////////////////////////// -->

<APPLICATION>
        <
TITLE>Community Core Visision</TITLE>
        <
VERSION>1.3.1</VERSION>
    </
APPLICATION>
    <
WINDOW>
        <
WIDTH>950</WIDTH>
        <
HEIGHT>600</HEIGHT>
    </
WINDOW>
    <
BOOLEAN>
        <
PRESSURE>0</PRESSURE>
        <
LABELS>1</LABELS>
        <
OUTLINES>1</OUTLINES>
        <
LEARNBG>0</LEARNBG>
        <
TUIO>0</TUIO>
        <
VMIRROR>0</VMIRROR>
        <
HMIRROR>1</HMIRROR>
        <
HIGHPASS>1</HIGHPASS>
        <
AMPLIFY>1</AMPLIFY>
        <
SMOOTH>1</SMOOTH>
        <
GPU>0</GPU>
        <
DYNAMICBG>1</DYNAMICBG>
        <
SNAPSHOT>0</SNAPSHOT>
        <
MINIMODE>0</MINIMODE>
        <
HEIGHTWIDTH>0</HEIGHTWIDTH>
        <
OSCMODE>0</OSCMODE>
        <
TCPMODE>0</TCPMODE>
        <
TRACKDARK>0</TRACKDARK>
        <
BINMODE>0</BINMODE>
    </
BOOLEAN>
    <
INT>
        <
MINMOVEMENT>2</MINMOVEMENT>
        <
MINBLOBSIZE>15</MINBLOBSIZE>
        <
MAXBLOBSIZE>15</MAXBLOBSIZE>
        <!--
// FILTERS SETTERS //-->

<THRESHOLD>30</THRESHOLD>
        <
HIGHPASSBLUR>5</HIGHPASSBLUR>
        <
HIGHPASSNOISE>3</HIGHPASSNOISE>
        <
HIGHPASSAMP>245</HIGHPASSAMP>
        <
SMOOTH>1</SMOOTH>
        <
BGLEARNRATE>5.536364</BGLEARNRATE>
    </
INT>
</
CONFIG>

Posted: 10 July 2010 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-14
Total Posts:  1897
Dedicated

Can you try editing the config.xml and set USECAMERA to 0 and see if this works. Try disabling any firewall (windows and customed) too. And be sure to have VS x86 Redistributable and latest QuickTime installed… (even have them reinstalled...)

And try this with your webcam unplugged…

Do you have any other video/camera hardware plugged (TV Tuner, Analogic tuner, other webcam,...) ?

Signature 

One more but very useful blog : http://blog.cktouch.com/
Rear DI + Windows Seven = So Nice…

Posted: 10 July 2010 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-11
Total Posts:  50

CCV.exe is small file, so the size is correct. I’ve attached a version where the path is not specified, ccv.exe just needs to be in the same folder as community core vision.

File Attachments
ccv-alone.zip  (File Size: 17KB - Downloads: 433)

Posted: 10 July 2010 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-05

Thanks for the advice - config.xml changing made no difference, same with disabling firewall. I actually had VS 2005, 2008 and 2010 installed. I got rid of the first two, repaired the third and now when I start CCV (1.3), I get error 0xc0150002. This happened when I initially tried CCV, which is the reason why I added 2005 and 2008. Should I reinstall 2005?

I have no other video/camera hardware plugged in/software installed at all, so I guess I’ll reinstall 2005 at least to get program almost starting?

Posted: 10 July 2010 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-11
Raphael - 10 July 2010 01:31 PM

Thanks for the advice - config.xml changing made no difference, same with disabling firewall. I actually had VS 2005, 2008 and 2010 installed. I got rid of the first two, repaired the third and now when I start CCV (1.3), I get error 0xc0150002. This happened when I initially tried CCV, which is the reason why I added 2005 and 2008. Should I reinstall 2005?

I have no other video/camera hardware plugged in/software installed at all, so I guess I’ll reinstall 2005 at least to get program almost starting?

Have you tried reinstalling community core vision 1.3? Also are you trying to run ccv.exe with task manager or just opening it manually?

Posted: 10 July 2010 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-05

At the moment, I’m just working with Community Core Vision.exe (i.e. the bin version that can be found on CCV’s website). When that’s working, I’m sure it’s only a small step to move over to a mod.

So here is the evening’s work:
Reinstalled windows 7 (just in case)
had to install VS 2005, 2008 and 2010 again to get CCV to open until end of cmd. Double checked that quicktime was up to date (it was). At exactly the same point that I was earlier and even more confused.

oh dear, any ideas? thanks, guys

Posted: 10 July 2010 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-11
Raphael - 10 July 2010 04:30 PM

At the moment, I’m just working with Community Core Vision.exe (i.e. the bin version that can be found on CCV’s website). When that’s working, I’m sure it’s only a small step to move over to a mod.

So here is the evening’s work:
Reinstalled windows 7 (just in case)
had to install VS 2005, 2008 and 2010 again to get CCV to open until end of cmd. Double checked that quicktime was up to date (it was). At exactly the same point that I was earlier and even more confused.

oh dear, any ideas? thanks, guys

Wow that is odd.

Try this version of ccv 1.3, it is the preview of object tracker. See if that one opens?

http://nuicode.com/attachments/download/166/CCV-COT-1.3.2-win-bin.zip

If that does not work try installing the regular stuff most windows have: java, flash…

Posted: 10 July 2010 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-05

been tinkering for another hour or so and still not got anywhere - this is infuriating!

thanks for the link, just downloading it to test in a sec; i’ve also pulled tbeta 1.1 to see if i have any success there

Posted: 10 July 2010 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-05

tbeta 1.1 works - did not expect that!
although the CCV with preview object tracker does exactly the same thing.
i can live with tbeta 1.1 perfectly happily (next project will be mac so this problem should be avoided). would you know of a stitching software with the least lagtime for windows 7? i’ve been searching the forums for quite some time and all the addons i’ve found seem to be for CCV 1.2/1.3?

1 of 2