1 of 4
A new unofficial version of CCV-1.2.2 on ubuntu lucid 10.04, thank J.D.Pennock
Posted: 07 July 2010 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-06
Total Posts:  18

http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewreply/57911/ ,Click here to visit 33# floor, the newer version correct the problem on ubuntu lucid.

I’v installed libgult and freeglut debs, and libraw1394-8_1.3.0-4ubuntu1_i386.deb, but when the program runs(CCV-1.2), the source video displays as the following picture:

Image Attachments
Screenshot.png

Posted: 07 July 2010 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

Seems like your camera source is corrupted… what camera/drivers/config are you running?

Signature 

~

Posted: 08 July 2010 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-22
Total Posts:  529
Elite

you should change your config.xml file

<USECAMERA>1</USECAMERA>
<
DEVICE>1</DEVICE>

i have forgotten which one was the correct camera setting but try inserting numbers between 1---->15 for

<DEVICE>??</DEVICE>

tag it will finally find your cam
search for segmentation fault” in forum you can find more answers

Signature 

my 19” LCD setup ----> turned into new look
my 60” FTIR setup (old video)

Posted: 08 July 2010 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-24
Total Posts:  14

Hexart,
I’ve recently started to do some work on designing an MT table using Ubuntu 10.04.  I’m also seeing this issue with my own setup..I think we maybe either missing a Codec for MP4 format which is causing this problem or CCV is having issues replaying MP4 format on Ubuntu...won’t really be able to verify until I look at this further.

I recently became a part of this Forum and people here are great! and willing to lend a helping hand.

I’m still in the experimental phases..reading threads about how I should get started...I’ve also been reading the Multi-Touch Technologies_v1.01 pdf which is located in the wiki....so I can gain a better understanding of the tech and how I should proceed with my setup so I highly recommend it.

I started experimenting with getting a miniMT setup...i was able to make small progress on the Ubuntu side...however I’ve run into 1 road block due the camera I’m using.  The camera I’m using is an Xbox Vision Camera...however I’m unable to get CCV to actually work with this camera...I’m not sure why..I received some assistance from another member (Aras) who helped me with modifying my config.xml file which solved the issue of CCV crashing when initially launch......search for past postings.  Aras recommended that I modify config.xml file just like vahid recommended..which helped solve the crashing issue...however now I’ve run into another issue in which CCV will not use my camera..but other applications such Cheese Webcam Booth application works fine. 

I am planning on buying a modified PS3 camera from PeauProductions...I was doing the research yesterday...which I think I will be going with a PS3 camera w/ M12 mount and 850nm filter.  Don’t know if should right away buy the M12 lens or wait since its my first MT table. 

So if PeauProductions or anyone else reads this...whats your input on getting an M12 lens right away.  I know its suppose to work on improving clarity with fiducials and blob detection but not sure if I want this now or make it an upgrade option down the road....sorry dont mean to hijack your post...so back to what I was saying…

Let me know how your progress goes....would be interested in knowing how it goes specially on the Ubuntu side.  I post back if I make some progress.

Thanks!!

Shaolin

Posted: 08 July 2010 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-24
Total Posts:  14

Ok....I got home from work and started looking to this....I downloaded test videos from http://tbeta.nuigroup.com/zip/test_videos.zip

and I tried playing FTIR_2_finger.avi through CCV and I get the same playback results as earlier...distorted/choppy as hexart describes.

When I tried playing the avi video independently the playback is fine...I see the avi video file without a problem… I dont know enough about CCV yet to isolate the issue...however I’m wondering if there is some type of file that incompatible with the newest version of Ubuntu??

Is there a way to pass this on the the developer on the Ubuntu/Linux side of CCV??

Posted: 11 July 2010 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-06
Christian Moore - 07 July 2010 08:35 PM

Seems like your camera source is corrupted… what camera/drivers/config are you running?

I don’t have a camera under ubuntu. It’s just a test video file shown like this.

Posted: 11 July 2010 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-06
shaolin - 08 July 2010 06:03 PM

Ok....I got home from work and started looking to this....I downloaded test videos from http://tbeta.nuigroup.com/zip/test_videos.zip

and I tried playing FTIR_2_finger.avi through CCV and I get the same playback results as earlier...distorted/choppy as hexart describes.

When I tried playing the avi video independently the playback is fine...I see the avi video file without a problem… I dont know enough about CCV yet to isolate the issue...however I’m wondering if there is some type of file that incompatible with the newest version of Ubuntu??

Is there a way to pass this on the the developer on the Ubuntu/Linux side of CCV??

I’m pretty sure that there’s a correct codec under my ubuntu. ‘course when I double click the test video file, it shows the right movie in the video player.

BTW, are you a Chinese?

My QQ:1049407, you know what I mean if you are.

Posted: 12 July 2010 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-06

And, when I change the setting with this,

it saids,

(<unknown>:2300): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 
Trying to dispose element playerbut it is in READY instead of the NULL state.
You need to explicitly set elements to the NULL state before
dropping the 
final referenceto allow them to clean up.
This problem may also be caused by a refcounting bug in the
application 
or some element.

(<
unknown>:2300): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: 
Trying to dispose element testbut it is in READY instead of the NULL state.
dropping the 
application 
or some element.

(<
unknown>:2300): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to `GstPlayBaseBin'

Trying to dispose element fakesink, but it is in READY instead of the NULL state.
dropping the final reference, to allow them to clean up.
application or some element.

(<unknown>:2300): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to 
`GstPlayBaseBin'

Trying to dispose element decodebin0, but it is in READY instead of the NULL state.

(<unknown>:2300): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to `GstElement'

(<unknown>:2300): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_set_stateassertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

Trying to dispose element typefind, but it is in PAUSED instead of the NULL state.

(<unknown>:2300): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to 
`GstElement'

(<unknown>:2300): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_set_state: assertion `GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' 
failed

Trying to dispose element sourcebut it is in READY instead of the NULL state.
dropping the 
application 
or some element.

OpenCV ERRORIncorrect size of input array (Non-positive cols or rows)

in function cvInitMatHeadercxarray.cpp(182)
Terminating the application...
Segmentation fault

Image Attachments
sendpix0.jpg

Posted: 02 August 2010 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-16

I’ve been out of the multitouch game for a while. Now I have the resources to get back in. I just built myself a 19’ FTIR LCD setup and I’m about to build a 40’ table, but I am running into the same issues you guys are in trying to run CCV on Ubuntu 10.04. All video playback through CCV is severely distorted not just the image from the camera.  See my attached screenshot. It looks to me that the problem has something to do with the way CCV calls gstreamer.  Seems like every other time I run CCV it segfaults or throws an invalid pointer error. See my attached backtrace.  I used to be an admin/developer around here and I’ll try and get in touch with some of the other admins and whoever is now in charge of maintaining the linux port of CCV to see if we cannot get this worked out. I’ll also try building CCV from source and see if I can find the problem.

Image Attachments
Screenshot.png
File Attachments
backtrace.txt  (File Size: 7KB - Downloads: 377)
 Signature 

My site

Posted: 02 August 2010 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-16

Also Hexart you mentioned that you had to install libraw1394-8_1.3.0-4ubuntu1_i386.deb to get CCV to work. That is an old version of firewire library, version 8 to be exact. The current version of the lib is now at 11. However CCV only checks that you have version 8.  If you want to use the current version instead of the older one you installed, first you will have to remove the one you installed.

Then install the current lib:

sudo apt-get install libraw1394-11

Then create a symbolic link with the name of the old version (the one CCV looks for) to the new version:

cd /usr/lib
sudo ln -s libraw1394.so.11 libraw1394.so.8

Signature 

My site

Posted: 02 August 2010 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-16

Alright guys I just talked to Christian Moore, looks like I’m now in charge of maintaining/developing the ubuntu/linux side of CCV. So I’ll try to fix this problem just as fast as I can.  I’ll also get in touch with the windows devs and work on getting us up to version 1.3

Signature 

My site

Posted: 03 August 2010 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-22
Elite

finally a good news for linux users.
i have hard time to get CCV run on lucid and i’m now using reactivision and Movid for tracking but CCV is unique.

Signature 

Posted: 03 August 2010 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-16

Well I’m glad you think its good news. It will take me a little while to get myself reacquainted with the code. I have not looked at it since the first builds of tbeta.  A few years ago when I was doing this stuff heavily I was using touchlib on Feisty Fawn which worked very well for me then.

Signature 

My site

Posted: 03 August 2010 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-22
Elite

so you should get contact with other developers like Denna , Amit (especially) , seth to get familiar with recent changes
i’m optimist cheese

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2010 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-16

Alright some updates on this issue. Its seems that gstreamer on ubuntu 10.04 is sending 32bit frames and the version of OF that CCV is built around is expecting 24bit ones. The OF community fixed this issue for themselves a couple months ago and a fix in included their latest github release. So I’m going to start digging through their code to see if I can migrate the fix to our codebase.

Signature 

My site

Posted: 04 August 2010 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-16

Good news guys! After a few hours of hacking around with the various versions of OF I’ve got video playback restored to CCV on distos using GStreamer 0.10.30 and newer.

Sorry the screen cap is not the best quality.

I’ll include an unofficial release with the fix in this post. If you are a ubuntu 10.04 user having trouble with CCV please try it out and see if it gets you going.  I cannot get my camera to work yet, but I have not tried very hard, I’m not sure if it is related to the changes I made or not.

File Attachments
CCV-1.2.1-unofficial-lin-32-bin.zip  (File Size: 8118KB - Downloads: 469)
 Signature 

My site

1 of 4