MT4J performance issue on Linux
Posted: 04 August 2010 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-04
Total Posts:  5

Hi,
I have installed and run MT4J on serveral Linux distros and on Windows XP platforms (same type of computers). The performance of the applications is very bad on Linux. But on Windows platform it is working pretty well. Is there something that I have missed? Should I do something special on the Linux platform to improve the performance?

Posted: 04 August 2010 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-22
Total Posts:  529
Elite

if you are using Nvidia graphic card install it’s driver. i had the same problem but after installing driver it has been removed but now i can’t lunch it in full screen through
what is your computer spec?

Signature 

my 19” LCD setup ----> turned into new look
my 60” FTIR setup (old video)

Posted: 04 August 2010 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-04

Thanks for the fast reply.
I actually tested on several different computers. Three with Intel dual core and one with Intel Atom. Two of them have Nvidia graphic cards and two have Intel 4 series graphic card. I would however be very happy if it works on computers with Nvidia card. Would the update of the drivers solve this problem?

/Thanks

Posted: 04 August 2010 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-16
Total Posts:  18

Yes in general the open source Nvidia driver for linux is very slow and underpowered compared the to the closed source driver provided by Nvidia. Most distros have a method of easily installing this driver. In Ubuntu just click System -> Administration-> Hardware Drivers and it should then scan your hardware and prompt you to activate the Nvidia proprietary driver if you have a supported card.  If your distro does not have a system for installing the driver you can download it off of Nvidia’s website and install it manually, which is not hard. Nividia has made a fairly easy to use wizard for it but you’ll have to launch it from the command line.

Try and update the driver and get back to us with your results or issues.

Signature 

My site

Posted: 05 August 2010 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-04

Thanks alot. The problem is resolved. Now it works fine.

Regards