13 of 13
LCD FTIR - first results
Posted: 28 November 2009 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-08
Total Posts:  17

As I understand it,
Nimas Setup had FTIR in the beginning, but then he took out the acrylic on top of the display.
That meens now he has got a LED-LP Setup.

I’m trying to build a LCD DI at the moment, but weve been experiencing different problems with the IR illumination.
I’ll post the results when we manage to get it to work.
As an alternative we thought about using LED LP, too. Is that difficult to construct and are the blobs good even through a LCD panel?

Posted: 10 January 2010 11:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-02
Total Posts:  1

Newest video of LCD multi-touch,
This was a special one for the Hak5 show, if anyone is familiar with Darren Kitchen and Hak5.org, episode premieres in about a week.

Here is a sneak peak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RU5WXf2gQM

Posted: 12 January 2010 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-12

Hay All, I usually rent my equipment from http://www.audiovideonyc.com , before i bay

Posted: 10 March 2010 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-09
Total Posts:  12

I would try a LCD instead of a projector, but I just dont have the money or time to make it work. When I get out of college ill get one (if something else hasnt come along by then). But Id rather work oh this then my databases class I have in an hour. Meh.

Signature 

Inthebrilliantblue - My web programming tech support blog

Peopleofcollege.org - A college fail humor blog I run with a friend smile

Posted: 04 January 2011 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-03

Hi,

Thanks for the useful information.

Posted: 05 February 2011 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-24
Total Posts:  3

People after 6 months of cold storage the FTIR LCD has been thawed out. Thank you all for your information it’s been invaluable to get me this far.

I set off at the start to build a test 15” LCD touch as a proof of concept, it’s turned out better than i could have imagined.

The ideas i have used in the FTIR LCD all came from you guys, I can’t thank you enough!

My belief in deisgning something is that you should minimise the error right from the start. By doing this you can get better primary test results raising the bar later but having a high bar start point.

Mods from the original concepts picked up from NUI GC are:

Embedding the IR LEDs in te plexiglass. It’s all about wat you use to secure the leds in place i used a medical grade resin which i mixed so it wouldn’t cure hard, b injecting this in to the drilled holes it produced minimal visable boundary resulting in more IR being emitted into the plexiglass therefore more to be frustrated!

All well and good but how about restricting the light into the camera! This is straight out of the forums here. Marry the output with the input, 850nm LEDs with a 850nm filter directly infront of the PS3EYE CMOS.

The above is, i know, not much and may all be very obvious to you all but it took some hard core research prior to the build to make sure i’m on the right track. It’s not all of the changes i’ve made but i’ll getmre up on here when i have a few more moments.

I do hve one very embarrassing question tho. All i have seen so far are posts and videos of people using specialy designed demos and software to interact with, i’m obiously not looksin to hard, but i really would like to know how interact with Win7 instead of just Fash demos. I’ve only just got to this point and i have only just started downloading the touch pack so i may be a bit previous but pointers and hints would be great.

Thank you all again this is damn good, clean useful stuff. Hell you can have fun!

Posted: 26 November 2011 01:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-11-23
Total Posts:  5

I would really love to do this, seeing how youve done it here (and your vague instructions) I think you should post more detailed ones (with pics) and maybe take a look at what others ahve made (ive checked, to my knowlege, no one else have made a multi-touch screen with an LCD under it)…

Posted: 02 May 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-07
Total Posts:  6

I have done the same thing
took the acrylic apart and it works better
but since i hav an L shaped LED holder its kinda difficult

13 of 13