MULTITOUCH AND 3D PROJECTION
Posted: 28 August 2010 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-05-27
Total Posts:  2

Hi everyone, Im from Mexico, I´m preparing to make my first mt proyect, in this process seeing how I make the project, I was last week on a tradeshow and saw a 3d projection on a lcd.  Basically the concept used was the old lenticular method but without lens, I mean you see the image directly in 3D as photos or images but this was video (full motion, depth, etc..). Asking this people the only thing they say is that the production was made with 7 HD layers and with an own software. The main idea that comes to me was to add this kind of projection to the mt, so the video could be displayed in 3d and at the same time you could have mt functions.  For this projection Im thinking in use a lcd and in the surface add a lenticular sheet (I think that probably this can help to the light adjustment, i really dont know, Im new and not a proffesional in the field, sorry Im more visual, so lets see what happens).  I know that there is software to make static pics and then you can print it or save the image to see on a screen using a lenticular sheet, but I want to obtain this effect running video, (yes I know that this will require of some production and post) so I am looking for some app or soft that can make this, probably what I need something to separate layers giving determinated depth to all the image or certain object and then join it again, I dont know exactly how it will works or need, this is my first conclusion.

I attach an image that I found that more or less illustrate the idea

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Image Attachments
3D LCD PROJECTION.gif

Posted: 28 August 2010 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-04-07
Total Posts:  146

i bought ViewSonic PJD6381 which is 3D READY.  but i if you have 3d games you cant play it with mulittouch

Signature 

AirControl MultiTouch Game: http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/11178/
My MT table: http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/11565/

Posted: 28 August 2010 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-05-27
Total Posts:  2

I found that the actual 3d displays use different technology, some of the acutal use a modern stereoscopic tech that requires lens, and the ones that dont requires lens use a native technology, I mean that the content is produced and broadcast in 3d.  What I want is an app or software to do this kind of video, and can manipulate the depth for give more impact to some objects.

Basically the lenticular still images are processed and converted in strips and depending of the number of layers we obtain the depth which give us the 3d effect.  The fact is that I can found a soft-app that make this but full video.  Ithink that I need a combination of this concept with the capabilty of video.