This is my first post and im french so please be nice with me… First of all, i would like to thanx everyone here for sharing there work, if it wasnt of you i couldnt play with this amazing technology and special thanx to software sharers. After reading a lot about the all concept, the only grey zone was the rubber. Sorta clear and other rubber are hard to find by here so i tried other material. My solution reside in removable caulk used during the winter on window to stop draft. I found a product wich i can thin to spray it over my acrylic using a varnish gun, this way i can easily spray an even surface and i can perfectly control the thickness. This product is toluene based, toluene could be found in any paint store and it may be classified as an industrial product. You could thin it to any flow property you want, and you could use it with the pooring method. What is cool with this product, its that it can be easily remove if you do a mistake it wont damage the precious acrilic!
here a link to the product
here a sample video i have made with a 0.007 inch layer of this rubber.
I dont know if my result are comparable with other rubber. I dont know wich thickness is the best, i will keep doing experiment.
The caulk tube cost 2.86$ cad
Toluene is around 4$/liter.
I hope this could help someone!!
Thanx to everyone who share their good result!!