Could I get paid to build…. 
Posted: 12 September 2010 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-25
Total Posts:  21

So, would it be possible to go around to places and in a way sell my “services” to build an MT surface/display for people if I told them they were purchasing everything and going to be using open source software? (Would even try to include the NUI group logo if this ever did happen) Also, let’s say I created a special use application and sold that as a business venture using MT displays, am I violating any copyrights, etc?
What are your thoughts

Posted: 12 September 2010 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-18
Total Posts:  405

I would say Develop your own platform, and from there check patients
Cheers
Tim

Signature 

http://melbournemultitouch.blogspot.com/
introducing mt to melbourne, one touch @ a time

Posted: 12 September 2010 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-06
Total Posts:  15

Yea, I’m planning to start selling something designed specifically for something, and I can’t get this one to work. So I’m just making my own MT recognizer.

Posted: 12 September 2010 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-07
Total Posts:  173

same here, i am building a complete system from scratch, with some improvements. One reason is to avoid copyrights hassle. Another reason is to avoid so much dependencies that CCV has—QuickTime, MS run time lib, etc.

Posted: 13 September 2010 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-08
Total Posts:  2

We have provided business multi-touch solutions for end users for at least 2 years.
If as a hardware vendor, you can provide drivers under Windows 7, then if there’s gesture problem from Apple, we will still be under the umbrella of Microsoft. Unlike Apple, MS is more gentleman style. they never first start a Mac or PC war.

If it’s Linux, although it’s free at your side and your integrator, it will cost a lot in the long run from maintenance, support, and patent issue.

warmachine - 12 September 2010 04:06 AM

So, would it be possible to go around to places and in a way sell my “services” to build an MT surface/display for people if I told them they were purchasing everything and going to be using open source software? (Would even try to include the NUI group logo if this ever did happen) Also, let’s say I created a special use application and sold that as a business venture using MT displays, am I violating any copyrights, etc?
What are your thoughts