this is my first post.
first of all i would like to say there is amazing work being done and knowledge/guidance being shared and m happy to be part of it.
I started reading topics on multitouch after i saw the video of Pranav Misty from Ted.com.
so Before this video i really thought that all this stuff is very hitech and pretty costly. but he showed the demo using things which are readilly available and he himself said can be made very cheapily. the only thing i coudnt understand was mapping and programming the actions to gestures but ill continue reading about it.. during this search i found this video on mouseless interaction with the lappy using just your hand. watch it here..its realy cool.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHGODp0b8Ks
so i figured that cameras and IR are pretty useful things and can be made to do brilliant stuff..and i moved to find more uses about the it and discovered multi touch table. I have decided to make my own table but i want it to be stylish as i really cant afford to make one just for the heck of it. So i need everyone’s help here
I read a lot but i am stuck at few things and i want total clarity n the material before starting as i said i dont have the luxury of making a test table..
1. Best options appear to be FITR and LLP but due to safety reuirements as there are kids around i think its best to FITR. OR i can use LLP without risk?
because i think any kid of table’s height will be subject to eye risk?
2. All the tables have a box shapes with some even putting the entire cpu parts there by making very complex.
I am OK with using my laptop to connect it so i guess i just need to put a projector and camera , mirror in the cabinet. rite? is there any more stylish design?
I saw one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVD_Lvv4UOI
this is very stylish but it appears this one is using llp and can be used in dark room only. is this thing acheivable in FITR , usable in broad day light.. or somethign like attached img (plesse se the attched img)..is it doable?
3. even if i make it like a table it will require a delicate handling i mean can we put any material layer so that it bcms scratch resistant and can be used like any normal table too when off.?
4. which glass material is best most of the projects here seems to be using acrylic is that the best or we can use some thing else. Also, whats the best mix of elements for compliant layer . Can somebody plz list of the substances to be put above the sheet.(acrylic) and in what order and quantity.
5. projector , we need it vertical but it is made to be horizontal and mounting it vertical can cause heating problems.. so i think we need mirror for that.. can sumdy plz post simple diagram of mirror placement && how to determine its size given the dimenstions of table?
6. Do we have to dismantle the webcam? can’t we just get one .. since i dun have seperate webcam just the one inbuilt in lappy so ill have to buy what would b the cheapest option? which doesnt require dismantling
Thanks in advance,
m a newbie here so if there are some qs here which i shud have got the answers very easily then i hope youll paste the link of tht thread..waiting for the replies to my questions.
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”