2 of 3
TouchMi Prototype 2 meter bar/counter top
Posted: 29 October 2010 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-28
Total Posts:  332

Planning stage. But we already started with testing. 6x2 meter will bend 8mm. So we using 45mm acrylic for those plates. The problem is that the plates are only 3x2 meter long and 280kg each smile

check http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/10022/ at the bottom for leds we are using now http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/10903/ these are really bright I think we only need 3

Signature 

MARS New Creations
My twitter account
47 inch pure design multitouch
Info & Zo - YouTube

Posted: 29 October 2010 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-27
Total Posts:  97

We have a sheet of 10mm as well and it was hard to bend at all.  I would think you could use 20mm with no problems.  Still, sounds like a nice project.

Signature 

TouchMi Multitouch Bar

Posted: 29 October 2010 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-09
Total Posts:  491

first of all - congrats to your project - looks great!!

“We’re using software to do projector blending ,geometric correction and color matching.  (more on this in another post) “

this is very interesting...dont forget the other post plz! =)

also i would like to know how good is tracking with a 1.7mm lense… fish-eye/distortion? how is tracking with more/changing ambient light (video looks very dark)

THX!

Signature 

My DSI Project:

DSI Table
Proj.Surface: 7D006 on top
2x PS3 Camera from Peau with 850BF & 3.6mm lense
Endlightend XXL (10mm)with 850nm LED strip

Projector: SANYO DWL100 ~ 950€

PC:
Core i5, 8GB Ram, HD5850

Posted: 29 October 2010 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-05-31
Total Posts:  181

First of all: GREAT WORK!

i don´t know if i just don´t see it…
but have you posted what kind of setup tis is?
DSI? DI?

looks so cool!

I´m also very interested by seeing the CS/ 1.7mm zero distortion lens tracking fiducials!

pls keep us updated!

greez

JonnyB

Signature 

There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

Posted: 29 October 2010 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-06
Total Posts:  173

Goat and Johnny,

We are very please that you guys like it. The other posts will come to describe our process and materials used. It is in fact RearDI. As for the software for blending, Its no secret its just that we need to lock down that appropriate deal with the company before we let the cat out of the bag. Again we are very happy to all on the NUI group and will be very happy to contribute back where we can. Goat, all the trouble we had in the past with stitching two cams became a moot point when we switched to these lenses. Really amazing stuff, zero distortion at all. We may even switch to the 1.3 MM to get the cams even closer. More to come. Yes the video is dark but when regular lights are on it the room it changes nothing, It all tracks just the same and looks just as bright.

Screwfunk
TouchMi

Signature 

Screwfunk
TouchMi inc. - 2 meter Prototype RearDI Bar

Posted: 30 October 2010 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
Total Posts:  314

hey screwfunk the bar looks cool mate, how do you blend the projected images. you also mentio you wan to do shadow tracking at the entrance i did a job recently using this idea we did various apps for it from water to a follow fx when the person appear the person was followed by a target other apps include a wipe to reveal an image below and a sparks fx that gave coloured flashes on them plus loads of other apps it works very well but has to be tracked from the front with rear projection if you want we have loads of apps for tha available just put your own graphics in.
SID

Signature 

reallity sucks give me AR

Posted: 26 December 2010 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-26
Total Posts:  7

Great work,
Wishing you a huge success,
Idan Dadon,
Ceo Multiractive

Posted: 27 December 2010 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-27

Just a quick update.

The 2 meter bar is being replaced with a pair of 4 meter bars.  Same basic setup, rearDI but using tempered glass instead of plexi for the top.  Internal are 4 projectors and 4 1.7mm lenses on ps3 eye cams.

Quick question for the community:  Does anyone know of any projector blending solutions under Linux? (or perhaps some software under windows that supports multiple projectors (4) and does not cost $3000-$4000 per projector?

Thanks

Signature 

TouchMi Multitouch Bar

Posted: 11 January 2011 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-16
Total Posts:  22

hi guys, great work. what are u using for the rearDI illumination

Posted: 11 January 2011 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-27

SMD IR LEDS in 10 meter strings powered by a 12v power supply.

Signature 

TouchMi Multitouch Bar

Posted: 04 May 2011 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-23
Total Posts:  41

One of the best setups I have seen...I hope mine is as good...looks very responsive. Do you remember which leds you bought? Im unsure if I should stick with the cheaper 850nm leds (850nm OSRAM SFH4550 Infrared LEDs (50 pack) or the more expensive ones:

http://peauproductions.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15_18

Anyhow, I hope your going to post up your next project...it sounds impressive!

Posted: 06 May 2011 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-06
Total Posts:  173

Thank you for that. Honestly its really about how much you are willing to spend for the result. Really what I mean by that is, having the nicer LED strips means way less hassle. Think of it like this. There are many things that can go wrong in building a rig, however if you spend a bit more cash on the right stuff it will become less cumbersome to get everything working together. For instance, you can use a regular Ps3 cam with the filter replaced with negative film however it makes the process of camera placement and CCV configuration so much harder and more tedious, but when we get the special camera case and IR filter from peauproduction its as easy as placing the camera on the bottom and a very easy setup in CCV. In short, you can do it with your lights but by paying a bit more and getting the right lights it makes the overall process a better experience.

Screwfunk

Signature 

Screwfunk
TouchMi inc. - 2 meter Prototype RearDI Bar

Posted: 11 October 2011 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-09
Total Posts:  53

Hi screwfunk,
First of all, very great job, your table/bar is awesome!
Few questions : you’re using the EyeFinity software to geta single Desktop. But how do you do with cameras??

You have several PS3Eye cam and how do you make them seen as a single one by CCV?

Thank you for your answer.

Chris

Posted: 03 November 2011 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-22
Total Posts:  6

Very nice looking bar smile

Signature 

mtBAR
“First multi-touch bar in the USA”
http://youtu.be/ooFO2G6WkUA

Posted: 01 November 2012 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-29
Total Posts:  6

WOW, the demonstration is cool. The app has amazed me so much. Did your guys developed it by yourselves?

2 of 3