Working flash applications without touchscreen
Posted: 15 December 2007 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2007-12-15
Total Posts:  1

Hello,
I’m using Flash and I would like to know how I can test the ripples application and others with touchlib without a touch screen. What I want is a system that works without touch, just detect IR movement (people). So do I just follow the steps in on the NUI Group Blog, and than use the IR camera to detect IR movement? Or do I need a remote control or something like that.
The main idea is to detect people with this system.

Thanks in advance,
M1984

Posted: 15 December 2007 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-09-25
Total Posts:  84

Could be hard, people are not an IR-source. So what you’ll have to do is add some leds to your camera setup like used for a DI. The IR sended out by the led near the camera will be reflected by the clothes, ... of the person walking in from of the camera. And now you have something to detect.

Signature 

http://www.michaelvanderheeren.be/

Posted: 15 December 2007 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-12-03
Total Posts:  88

If you just want to test if the application works, try aiming your webcam at a lamp. It works quite good to be honest, using your fingers without a touch screen makes the app go crazy most of the times.

Posted: 17 December 2007 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-07
Total Posts:  272

well i am not sure if you want to test the applications you develop for multi touch or build a different kind of installation.... well for the first one there is a TUIO simulator… look up the forums in the AS3 / flash section ... u’ll find it.. it doesnt require a table and u can test your applications… whereas in case of the second… you can try aiming your cam at a diffused light panel… (sumthing like a set of tubelights behind frosted glass and then play with the space between the cam and the screen. u dont reall require a IR setup for this...(tho having one will surely help).... use thresholding to convert the body/hand into a contrast blob… rest shud work fine smile

hope this makes sense..

cheers

Signature 

cheers!!!

deej
http://therealdesktop.blogspot.com