View pdf files in Flash? 
Posted: 18 December 2007 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-20
Total Posts:  18

Hey,
I am currently working on a possibility to view pdf docs in my flash application (flash 9 AS3). Is there a chance to view the pdf docs or do I have to convert this to another format (like jpeg ...)??
I’m planning to implement the following functions (scrolling, marking important text parts)

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!!

KDNY
(vi.mito Multi-touch)

Posted: 25 December 2007 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

The closest thing I have seen so far is a product from Adobe called “Flash Paper” http://www.adobe.com/products/flashpaper/

I believe that this is still running on the older AS2 virtual machine… you can load a flash paper SWF as you would any SWF.. however due to the older VM the performance is still lacking. Also no official API for AS3 has been released… so you cannot control things such as scrolling.. search.. etc..

But still this should be a good start for your project. I could really imagine it would be possible to make a control system if you look into the flash paper documentation some.. 

I really hope Adobe releases a new version soon smile cause we really need PDFs in our photo app smile

Signature 

~

Posted: 30 December 2007 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  123

I believe you can also import a PDF into illustrator and export it as a SWF

Posted: 30 December 2007 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-20
Total Posts:  18

Yes, importing pdf files into illustrator and then exporting them as swf files works fine. Thanks for your help WhiteNoiz!

Posted: 07 March 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-04
Total Posts:  3

Hi,

You can download the required software here. Check for many more softwares and I hope this might help you.

free software downloads

Thanks

Posted: 08 March 2012 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-11-18
Total Posts:  40

as far as i know , best solution is use some serverside converters and load images to SWF .

Signature 

as3 / flash platform developer

always ready for new projects and cooperation !

turbosqel.pl

Posted: 21 March 2014 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-12-02
Total Posts:  20

It is not necessary for you to conevrt pdf document into image forms, like jpeg, png, bmp or gif. If you want to view and read pdf document on windows, you can use a windows pdf reader that allows to view and process pdf document on windows systems, like windows 7 and windows 8 as well as mac systems. And meanwhile, if you want to save the system running memory and view pdf document in high speed and in web mode, you can refer to a html5 pdf viewer to view and read pdf on web broswer, which can be google chrome, firefox, IE7+ as well as Safari.

Posted: 04 May 2014 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-05-03
Total Posts:  1

They need view PDF in Flash, the best way is convert pdf to flash format, PDF to Flash converter with bith Mac version and Windows version

Signature 

pdf to flipbook