Interacting with movie clips based on the photo.fla sample file
Posted: 18 December 2007 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-20
Total Posts:  18

Hey folks!
I’m currently working on a possibility to interact with movie clips (stop, forward, rewind ...) based on the photo.fla sample file. I modified the flickr.as to load *.swf movies (I had to convert avi and mpeg to this format - is there another way out??), but I can’t stop or forward it :-(

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

KDNY
(vi.mito Multi-touch)

Posted: 19 December 2007 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-07
Total Posts:  272

flv works great for movies… you can play / forward / rewind and seek too… i’ll post some source when i’m back on my desk smile

cheers

PS: that might take a while… m back home for christmas smile

Signature 

cheers!!!

deej
http://therealdesktop.blogspot.com

Posted: 19 December 2007 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-11
Total Posts:  20

actually, you don’t need to write any code, just modify a function call in the photo.fla action script.

change:

var flickrLoader = new Flickr(subobj,25);

to:

var localLoader = new Local(subobj,0);

just put images/flv videos in the proper folders in the “./deploy/local/” directory, and run the bat files in “local”. Its not quite loading video’s dynamically off the youtube, but its video’s none the less, and now you can have your own local photos to!

note, the seek bar doesn’t quite function properly, at least since the last time i updated (a week or so ago). but the video’s run smoothly, even while moving and resizing.

Posted: 06 August 2009 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-06
Total Posts:  1

we are trying to do this local for our summer session class and switching to local video with this line change (commenting out the flickrLoader line) we get the following error:

ArgumentError: Error #1063: Argument count mismatch on app.core.loader::Local(). Expected 1, got 2.
at Photo_fla::MainTimeline/frame1()

if you dismiss this then you get this when selecting:
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at com.touchlib::TUIO$/getObjectById()
at app.core.action::RotatableScalable/update()

I imagine this is because there are no flv video objects on the stage to click/select on and manipulate.

this is pretty ambiguous… the error output window also displays a lot of other messages as well but the error messages are the same for flickrLoader as well and doesn’t seem to cause problems using the photo.fla file…