2 of 4
CCV with Kinect(both CLNUIPlatform driver and OpenNI’s driver could use)
Posted: 11 January 2011 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-11
Total Posts:  155

Sweet! Good job!

Signature 

.Limpa

Posted: 16 January 2011 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-12
Total Posts:  7

Seriously good job, I’ve been waiting this for ages =P

Posted: 16 January 2011 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04
Total Posts:  676

Thanks yayafree186 for the compiled version… Been playing with this for a few days now…

Awesome stuff! Would like to see your kinect code in the new CCV release wink

Keep up the good work mate! grin

Signature 

Get Sparked at sparkon.net
ORION Multi-Touch Display (blog)
My YouTube

Posted: 18 January 2011 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-18
Total Posts:  60

Yeah...Thank’s a lot Yaya...I have been using your compiled version with kinect (flash) and CCV 1.4 with a PS3 eye (tuio), both running at the same time and it works very good. It crashes sometimes but I think that it is because my old CPU processor can’t handle some tasks with both versions of CCV running at the same time.

I hope I can buy a new computer soon so I can keep testing!

Posted: 25 January 2011 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-22
Total Posts:  79

hi yaya and thanks too for your work, i test it and it works but didn’t work with the 1.0.0.1210 driver, CCV crash at the beginning.

Posted: 04 February 2011 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-12
Total Posts:  24

Hi,

Is it possible to use the CCV with Kinect over a range of distances instead of setting a threshold distance over which it would operate?
Is it possible for CCV with Kinect to pass depth in formation to application so that in case of a PhotoApp the user would need to step away from the controller to zoom an image instead of scaling it with his hands?

Regards

Posted: 05 February 2011 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-03
Total Posts:  2

hi all
Kinect.where is the source code available?
And how does the kinect camera does the tracking of the human interface as input?
Reply asap.keep up the good work guys.
I’l try this n share my problems v soon.

Cheers smile

Signature 

smile

Posted: 17 February 2011 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-01
Total Posts:  8

Everytime I think I know what Im going to do for a project, something crazy inspires me. Now then, If the Kinect is able to give response in CCV to this degree without an enclosure, or extra IR LEDs or lasers, than would it be safe to say that a single Kinect in a thin enclosure with an LCD for the display would work? No PS3 cam, No projector? (like MS touch table 2.0). It would seem that you colud place almost any transparent surface between you, and the FOV of the Kinect, and calibrate CCV from there. Any thoughts?

Posted: 20 February 2011 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-23
Total Posts:  33
s3r3g0n - 25 January 2011 05:22 PM

hi yaya and thanks too for your work, i test it and it works but didn’t work with the 1.0.0.1210 driver, CCV crash at the beginning.

sorry for the late reply. just back from my winter holiday. currently this software only works with 1.0.0.1121 driver :( this version is attached. so maybe you can try with this

File Attachments
CL-NUI-Platform-1.0.0.1121.rar  (File Size: 702KB - Downloads: 661)
 Signature 

http://www.cnblogs.com/yangyangcv/

Posted: 20 February 2011 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-23
Martin Menezes - 04 February 2011 11:03 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to use the CCV with Kinect over a range of distances instead of setting a threshold distance over which it would operate?
Is it possible for CCV with Kinect to pass depth in formation to application so that in case of a PhotoApp the user would need to step away from the controller to zoom an image instead of scaling it with his hands?

Regards

with kinect we can get the depth data so certainly we can pass the depth information to other applications. maybe we need to change the TUIO part.
what i do, i.e. threshold on the depth data is the most basic and easiest thing. in fact it’s a waste on the depth information. but now i don’t have time to do the senior tricks with kinect. will share with you guys if i had any advance

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2011 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-23
priyank - 05 February 2011 11:15 PM

hi all
Kinect.where is the source code available?
And how does the kinect camera does the tracking of the human interface as input?
Reply asap.keep up the good work guys.
I’l try this n share my problems v soon.

Cheers smile

for the source code, do you mean the source code for kinect driver? don’t know whether or ont alexP has made it open source. you can check here: http://codelaboratories.com/nui

“And how does the kinect camera does the tracking of the human interface as input?”
for my case, i just treat the depth data as an image and do a threshold on it to change the grayscale image into a black/white image and after that is CCV’s original blob tracking

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2011 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-23
Delineation - 17 February 2011 02:16 PM

Everytime I think I know what Im going to do for a project, something crazy inspires me. Now then, If the Kinect is able to give response in CCV to this degree without an enclosure, or extra IR LEDs or lasers, than would it be safe to say that a single Kinect in a thin enclosure with an LCD for the display would work? No PS3 cam, No projector? (like MS touch table 2.0). It would seem that you colud place almost any transparent surface between you, and the FOV of the Kinect, and calibrate CCV from there. Any thoughts?

i just see a video showing with kinect, every plane can be easily changed into a multi-touch pad. it uses three points to define the plane. with the depth data, you can easily recoginze what is above this plane.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjIzMTQxNzQ0.html

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2011 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-08
Total Posts:  135

oh please help me, I’m frustrated x.X
I succesfully installed AlexPs Kinect driver. But when it comes to the CCV-hack..
I downloaded the CCV 1.3 source and modified the files as described, but when trying to compile w/ Visual Studio 2010 I get errors and no output.. using the batchfiles in scripts\ won’t work either..

I downloaded the rar with the compiled kinect-ready version of ccv and added the missing msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll.
When I run CCV it gives me:

****VIDEOINPUT LIBRARY..........
PrintfToFile 0!
freedom?

any ideas?

oh I hate installations >.<

Signature 

Twitter Blog

Posted: 20 February 2011 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-23
theCake - 20 February 2011 06:26 AM

oh please help me, I’m frustrated x.X
I succesfully installed AlexPs Kinect driver. But when it comes to the CCV-hack..
I downloaded the CCV 1.3 source and modified the files as described, but when trying to compile w/ Visual Studio 2010 I get errors and no output.. using the batchfiles in scripts\ won’t work either..

I downloaded the rar with the compiled kinect-ready version of ccv and added the missing msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll.
When I run CCV it gives me:

****VIDEOINPUT LIBRARY..........
PrintfToFile 0!
freedom?

any ideas?

oh I hate installations >.<

which version of kinect’s driver do you use? currently the kinect-ready version of ccv only works with CL-NUI-Platform-1.0.0.1121. you can find this driver in my above post.

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2011 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-08
Total Posts:  135

I’m running version 1.0.0.1210 but I’m trying to downgrade to 1.0.0.1121.
No success yet.. Uninstalling the newer driver and reinstalling the old one did not work yet…
I’m trying again with a reboot..
I’ll update this post when I’m done..

EDIT: Finally =)
Now I have to find a suitable place for the kinect somewhere above my TV screen wink
The future begins now :D Hope to see this in the upcoming CCV releases ;D
Great work =D

Signature 

Twitter Blog

2 of 4