Lasers Calibration
Posted: 27 January 2011 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-16
Total Posts:  52

Hi to everyone,

i want to know if someone can help me to know how to calibrate the lasers.

i need to calibrate 8 lasers for a multitouch wall

thanks.

Posted: 27 January 2011 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

Check out my LLP how to video at the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooZlsIlglqk

You can see towards the end how easy it is with a flat piece of something perpendicular to the surface to calibrate the lasers.  Having a good mount for your laser that you can adjust easily makes your calibration steps much less of a headache.  Something I don’t mention in the video, you should add a small drop of glue to hold the plastic lens in the metal laser lens in place, otherwise you’ll have to readjust it every time it gets moved (I’m assuming you’re using the Aixiz lasers that most people on the forum here use, your lasers may be different).

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 30 January 2011 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-16
Total Posts:  52

thanks a lot for all the info, this help us a lot.

Posted: 21 March 2012 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-31
Total Posts:  28

Touch screen laser debugging instructions
1 1 --- Figure 4, the laser turn debugging order in Figure 6, Figure 5, Figure 7 --- Figure 9 for debugging phenomenon, check block
2 Check the fast in the infrared-sensitive surface parallel to the underside of the scale ruler.
3 commissioning process and requirements
3-1 debug: base (see Figure 5) LD1 absolute elevation should be greater than 3mm, making module pad in the bottom of the the LD1 export surface, the reference height limit.
3-2 to LD1 do first benchmark debugging (Figure 1), refer to Figure 5, point a test should be more than 1/2 of the long side of the screen (now with laser debugging distance is 1.2-1.3M, here laser most thin line), actual debugging to the farthest of the visual as a standard. Measurement block at the midpoint of the arc aa # a and a # three-point inspection, according to fine-tune the bolt of the phenomenon in Figure 7-9 to Figure 7 requirements (ie, laser projection line with the scale of the measurement block parallel)
3-3 to the measurement block twice (aa) to the laser transmitter sliding along the border, check the change of the laser projection line in Figure 7, adjust the two bolts. Laser projection line to the midline change or little change (subject to visual observation, shown in Figure 5 the overall laser axial screen far-field extension of intersection), check the change of the projection lines in the fan-a --- a # and fixed.
The LD2, 3-4 debugging, see above, see Figure 2 in the intersection area with the check block to judge (the phenomenon shown in Figure 6-9) fine-tuning bolt to achieve the coincidence of two projection lines (visual subject), check to check the fan b projection line --- b # and fixed (auxiliary detected in the projection of b # at elevation).
3-5 LD3-LD4 the same method and the LD1 and LD2 after the adjustment of fixed, so that the four laser surface relative to the screen in the visual context of a flat and micro-intersect, see Figure 4 in the central region due to far-field laser surface superposition can guarantee that the system requirements on the laser power. Superposition of the adjacent surface of the laser also allows the power distribution in the central region to meet the requirements.
Note: a key to debugging is to make sure debugging benchmark, other lasers and benchmarks to meet the debugger can debug the level of precision depends on visual, the higher the degree of overlap of the four sides the whole touch the better.
2 laser surface and the screen should be a small angle (ie, the far-field intersection), so good to avoid the problem of the two bright spots. This you do under verification.
3 fine-tuning on the four bolts, tilt or rotate debugging (both the two bolts on the remaining three bolts on the remaining two bolts or a bolt-active, you need experience in the specific debugging). This is the skill requirements of the production line mechanic (which is Anping debugging).

Image Attachments
2.JPG捕捉.jpg