two quick questions about TUIO
Posted: 06 February 2011 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-19
Total Posts:  47

Hi,

I am running CCV and TuioSharp, two quick questions I believe very simple for most other people

1) What’s the difference between Object and Cursor? I can catch my finger touch information when using Cursor events, but not really with the Object events.

2) How shall I use the Angle information to calculate a finger (cursor, blob?) size? it takes X and Y as input parameters, but I have no clue what values I should provide.

Thanks for any help in advanced!

Posted: 06 February 2011 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

cursor are fingers (2dcur) and objects are fiducials. 2dcur doesn’t have an angle or blob size value in the Tuio 1 protocol (that’s only for fiducial objects). http://tuio.org/?specification

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 06 February 2011 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-19
Total Posts:  47

thanks for the response.

ok, I see that. it seems there are 3 different types of profile: object, cursor, and blob.

then I am confused, if cursor doesn’t have angle, why the TuioSharp version exposes the getAngle method on TuioCursor? In the .NET version, it must have a way to get the finger angle and area, since the CCV version is doing it already, it’s just the matter of receiving those information, isn’t it?