How to read the finger angle from CCV? 
Posted: 10 February 2011 12:05 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-19
Total Posts:  47

Hi,

Does anyone know how to read the touching finger’s angle from CCV Tuio message?
I am using the TuioSharp, but someone said the cursor events do not have any angle data. But CCV is doing that, I believe it must have a way to read it, right?

Truly appreciate any hint.
Thanks!

Posted: 10 February 2011 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-21
Total Posts:  561
Elite

Hey what do you mean by Blob angle ? Blob are approximately circular/elliptical. the angle parameter is the angle of the bounding box.

Signature 

~~Amit~~

Website - Twitter - Facebook

Posted: 10 February 2011 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-19

oops, sorry, I might not express myself clearly

what I say angle of a cursor, I mean the angle between the finger and the touch screen. if the angle is nearly 90 degree, that means I am touching the screen with the tip; if the angle is 45 degree, that means it probably should display an elliptical blob.

I was assuming that is the value to calculate the blob size. Am I wrong again?

thanks

Posted: 10 February 2011 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12
Total Posts:  1120

from what i understand, that hasnt been implemented. and looking at it more it cannot work unless you have a DI setup thats able see hovering effect even then it’ll be challenging to implement cause you would have to distinguish touch vs angle touch vs hover. atm moment all ccv does is that it determines the angle on a 2d plane i.e angle of the inputs bounding box in relation to screen.

Signature 

Company Website - Knode Research and Development
My Youtube

Posted: 12 February 2011 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-19

ok, I see. thanks

then I am curious how exactly CCV determines the blob size? and is there a message I can read to from the TuioSharp library?

in addition, I do have a DI table. I think it should be doable to read the touching finger’s image with the camera, for example, shoot an image when a finger is touching. But when CCV is talking to the camera, is there a way to intercept the camera so when a Cursor event is invoked, I can tell the camera to take a picture of the blob?

Do you have any hint? thanks!

Posted: 13 February 2011 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12
Total Posts:  1120

At the moment TUIO 1.1 doesnt support blob size as in area you can get blob with and height, im not sure if ccv has that implemented but that available in the TUIO 1.1 protocol, on the Other hand TUIO 2.0 has contour information i.e. shape touch, TUIO 2.0 can give you more data in regards to touch size and shape but as far as i know no tracker has been implemented that uses tuio 2.0 protocol.

for your second part you’ll need to edit CCV… and most likely insert your code after all the filters have been applied before the tracking process begins i.e. when the image is being processed.

Signature 

Company Website - Knode Research and Development
My Youtube