ps3 eye weird images
Posted: 11 February 2011 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-08
Total Posts:  10

hii,

i just took my ps3 eye apart and put some floppydisk in it but i have darker spots on some places then on others is this bad or can i just use it like this?
3lagen.jpg

Posted: 11 February 2011 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
Total Posts:  313

hi it shoul dnot look like that i had problems with my ps3 and floppy disk as a filter i suggest you try a combination of primary red and 2 congo blu filters from lee filters they will block the frequecy and available in sheets from and disco or conceert supply shop i have used them for ages and good thing is you can add more of less depending on your light level or up and down the freq level if you look at trensmittion chart to tweek to your freq

Signature 

reallity sucks give me AR

Posted: 11 February 2011 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-04-15
Total Posts:  187

really beginning to like these images. there have been some of these on the forum over time.
reminds me of some kind UFO spotting images more and more smile
this is pretty normal for this camera but only visible under some mysterious circumstances.
after all it is “by design” of the camera chip but is not meant to be seen, unless
you decide to modify the lens system.
edit: what lens are you using btw?

Posted: 11 February 2011 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-08

I’m just using the ps3 eye without the ir filter and with 3 layers of floppy disk

Posted: 11 February 2011 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-06
Total Posts:  173

I know exactly what this is. The CMOS chip that is on the PS3 is placed on the PCB board with small solder points. What that image actually is is light passing through the back of the PCB board. If you put some black tape or cover up the backside of the ps3 eye where the cmos chip is mounted it will stop allowing light to pass through and giving you this image. Problem solved. smile

Screwfunk

Signature 

Screwfunk
TouchMi inc. - 2 meter Prototype RearDI Bar

Posted: 12 February 2011 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-08

ok, i put the plastic from the ps3 eye back on and now everything works great.
Thnx for all the help

Posted: 20 February 2011 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

Always wondered what those dots were smile Glad you figured it out Screwfunk

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc