how to compile CCV on mac osx. 
Posted: 22 February 2011 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-13
Total Posts:  14

Hi, I have been trying to get a compiled version of the lastest ccv code running on my machine. However, i havent been able to find any coherent set of instructions. i have found bits and pieces from posts here and there. is there a set of complete instructions out there? has anyone tried with xcode 4?

thanks
Tony

Posted: 22 February 2011 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-21
Total Posts:  561
Elite

Actually the latest version of CCV was compiled for mac by smallfly. But I guess compiling will be just direct. Open the xcode project from here (http://nuicode.com/projects/ccv/repository/browse/Community_Core_Vision/apps/addonsExamples/XCode) and compile it . If there is some error , please paste it here and there will be people who will be able to help !

Signature 

~~Amit~~

Website - Twitter - Facebook

Posted: 23 February 2011 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-13

hi, i get a ton of errors with a fresh copy of xcode 3.2.5 and ccv src

/dev/xcode3/ccv/Community_Core_Vision copy 3/apps/addonsExamples/XCode/../../../addons/ofxNCore/src/Filters/ShaderProgram.h:16:0 GLUT/glut.hNo such file or directory

../../../libs/openFrameworks/app/ofAppGlutWindow.h:11:0 GLUT/glut.hNo such file or directory

../../../libs/openFrameworks/app/ofAppGlutWindow.h:11:0 GLUT/glut.hNo such file or directory

Category
ErrorOther

could not read data from 
'/dev/xcode3/ccv/Community_Core_Vision copy 3/apps/addonsExamples/XCode/openFrameworks-Info.plist'The file “openFrameworks-Info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Cp: /dev/xcode3/ccv/Community_Core_Vision copy 3/apps/addonsExamples/XCode/bin//CCVDebug.app/Contents/MacOS/libfmodex.dylib: No such file or directory

pbxcpopenFrameworks-Info.plistNo such file or directory

i gave it a try in xcode 4 also:

errorcould not read data from '/dev/xcode4/ccv/Community_Core_Vision copy 2/apps/addonsExamples/XCode/openFrameworks-Info.plist'The file “openFrameworks-Info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Check dependencies

[WARN]Warning
The Copy Files build phase contains this target's Info.plist file 'openFrameworks-Info.plist'.

any suggestions?

Posted: 23 February 2011 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-09
Total Posts:  72

The first problem seems to be that your compiler does not find the GLUT libraries (which in OSX are actually a framework).
Can you post the compiler flags you are using?

Make sure the

-framework GLUT

and possibly

-framework OpenGL

are included.

Posted: 23 February 2011 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-13

yupe the frameworks seem to be added. when i “get info” on my target “linked libraries” they are there. i have included a screen shot and error output with compiler flags.

Image Attachments
linklibs.png
File Attachments
buildout.txt  (File Size: 168KB - Downloads: 807)

Posted: 23 February 2011 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-09
Total Posts:  72

Can you compile any other programs that make use of GLUT/glut.h ?

And just to make sure, did you check if there is a glut.h in the framework properly installed?

Posted: 26 February 2011 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-13

yep. i am able to use glut in other projects. there are two instances. one that comes with the project unders libs/glut and one that is from the system framework. i tried to use both. what i dont understand is that i build openFrameworks.a and it gets added as a target dependency, uses glut etc.... its fine. i have tried to add glut to the ccv header search path in a number of different combos. no lucky. could the missing openFrameworks-Info.plist be a culprit? i am using xcode 3.2.5. is this meant for an earlier version?

File Attachments
build.txt  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 430)

Posted: 27 February 2011 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-13

oh yeah. i got it to compile now. and run! thanks your help. I totally realized what the problems where with the ccv project after i was i was playing around with another openframeworks based project. the ofxKinect stuff. i compared the projects. 1. ccv xcode project is seriously missing some library search and framework search path settings (like you mentioned before) that are not apparent until you dig really deep. even with that it still didnt fix the “glut.h” not found problem. for an experiment, what i did was copy libs from of_preRelease_v0062_osxSL_FAT and replace the ones under Community_Core_Vision > libs. and that did it! i am not sure what the problems where with the libs before replacing them.  i am curious.
so it seems ccv xcode project needs an update. let me know, i would be interested in helping commit updates(with someone or myself) fixes to these problems.  also, has the community considered moving the code from svn to git?

cheers
anthony

Posted: 21 August 2013 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-08-20
Total Posts:  2

Hi, Can you be more specific on what you’ve done to compile in Xcode? I’m still having issues. Tried setting Search Paths the way you suggested but still getting build errors. Errors are listed below. Any ideas?

CompileC “/Users/skymeson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Community_Core_Vision-cmmxwuxhozilnbaukuxzzphdwukh/Build/Intermediates/Community Core Vision.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/ofVideoPlayer.o” ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
cd /Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode
setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -x c++ -arch x86_64 -fmessage-length=0 -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wno-return-type -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wno-overloaded-virtual -Wno-exit-time-destructors -Wformat -Wno-missing-braces -Wparentheses -Wswitch -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-label -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-value -Wno-empty-body -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-shadow -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-conversion -Wno-constant-conversion -Wno-int-conversion -Wno-enum-conversion -Wno-shorten-64-to-32 -Wno-newline-eof -Wno-c++11-extensions -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk -fasm-blocks -fstrict-aliasing -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-invalid-offsetof -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -g -Wno-sign-conversion “-I/Users/skymeson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Community_Core_Vision-cmmxwuxhozilnbaukuxzzphdwukh/Build/Intermediates/Community Core Vision.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/Community Core Vision Debug.hmap” -I/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/bin/include -I../../../libs/poco/include “-I/Users/skymeson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Community_Core_Vision-cmmxwuxhozilnbaukuxzzphdwukh/Build/Intermediates/Community Core Vision.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources/x86_64” “-I/Users/skymeson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Community_Core_Vision-cmmxwuxhozilnbaukuxzzphdwukh/Build/Intermediates/Community Core Vision.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/DerivedSources” -F/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/bin -D__MACOSX_CORE__ -lpthread -include /Users/skymeson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Community_Core_Vision-cmmxwuxhozilnbaukuxzzphdwukh/Build/Intermediates/PrecompiledHeaders/Carbon-fuqyykxvzvltcdflzfenyywywxte/Carbon.h --serialize-diagnostics “/Users/skymeson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Community_Core_Vision-cmmxwuxhozilnbaukuxzzphdwukh/Build/Intermediates/Community Core Vision.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/ofVideoPlayer.dia” -c /Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp -o “/Users/skymeson/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Community_Core_Vision-cmmxwuxhozilnbaukuxzzphdwukh/Build/Intermediates/Community Core Vision.build/Debug/openFrameworks.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/ofVideoPlayer.o”

clang: warning: -lpthread: ‘linker’ input unused
In file included from /Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:1:
In file included from /Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.h:26:
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.h:47:41: error: unknown type name ‘Media’
OSErr MediaGetStaticFrameRate(Media inMovieMedia, double *outFPS);
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.h:48:51: error: unknown type name ‘Movie’
void MovieGetVideoMediaAndMediaHandler(Movie inMovie, Media *outMedia,
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.h:48:66: error: unknown type name ‘Media’
void MovieGetVideoMediaAndMediaHandler(Movie inMovie, Media *outMedia,
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.h:50:41: error: unknown type name ‘Movie’
void MovieGetStaticFrameRate(Movie inMovie, double *outStaticFrameRate);
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.h:53:49: error: unknown type name ‘UserData’
OSErr GetSettingsPreference(CFStringRef inKey, UserData *outUserData);
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofQtUtils.h:54:50: error: unknown type name ‘UserData’
OSErr SaveSettingsPreference(CFStringRef inKey, UserData inUserData);
^
In file included from /Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:1:
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.h:98:4: error: unknown type name ‘MovieController’
MovieController thePlayer;
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.h:100:4: error: unknown type name ‘Movie’
Movie moviePtr;
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.h:102:28: error: unknown type name ‘Movie’
void qtGetFrameCount(Movie & movForcount);
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:12:41: error: unknown type name ‘Movie’
bool createMovieFromPath(char * path, Movie &movie);
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:13:40: error: unknown type name ‘Movie’
bool createMovieFromPath(char * path, Movie &movie){
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:53:11: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘OpenMovieFile’
result = OpenMovieFile (&theFSSpec, &movieResFile, fsRdPerm)
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:59:4: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘CloseMovieFile’
CloseMovieFile (movieResFile)
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:73:40: error: unknown type name ‘Movie’
bool createMovieFromURL(string urlIn, Movie &movie){
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:82:2: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘BlockMoveData’
BlockMoveData(url, *urlDataRef, strlen(url) + 1);
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:100:25: error: unknown type name ‘Movie’
OSErr DrawCompleteProc(Movie theMovie, long refCon);
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:101:25: error: unknown type name ‘Movie’
OSErr DrawCompleteProc(Movie theMovie, long refCon){
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:372:26: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘DisposeGWorld’
if ((offscreenGWorld)) DisposeGWorld((offscreenGWorld));
^
/Users/skymeson/Desktop/multitouch/ccv-read-only/trunk/tbeta/OSX/apps/addonsExamples/Xcode/../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.cpp:409:3: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘QTNewGWorldFromPtr’
QTNewGWorldFromPtr (&(offscreenGWorld), k32ARGBPixelFormat, &(movieRect), NULL, NULL, 0, (offscreenGWorldPixels), 4 * width);
^
fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
20 errors generated.