2 of 24
CCV 1.4.1a Multicamera Preview - Call for Participation
Posted: 18 April 2011 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20
Total Posts:  263
Screwfunk - 18 April 2011 06:31 AM

Cant wait We will try it this weekend with 4 cams.

Screwfunk

Don’t forget to buy CL-Eye Camera Quad pack

Signature 

Microsoft Applied Sciences Group Intern

Posted: 18 April 2011 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

Really awesome progress Anat, Big thanks and respect for sharing your results so far. I hope you don’t mind but I have attached the download (so we do not have to use that DL site)… for reference you can upload up to 20mb as attachment and if you have any troubles upload please PM me and I can help host.

Please updated and keep up the great works smile

Signature 

~

Posted: 18 April 2011 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20
Christian Moore - 18 April 2011 10:13 AM

Really awesome progress Anat, Big thanks and respect for sharing your results so far. I hope you don’t mind but I have attached the download (so we do not have to use that DL site)… for reference you can upload up to 20mb as attachment and if you have any troubles upload please PM me and I can help host.

Please updated and keep up the great works smile

Thanks for your reply! I had no info about such big attachments.

Signature 

Posted: 18 April 2011 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-06
Total Posts:  168

mmh nice howto - Thank you

maybe I’m wrong but i didnt see how you stiched the 4 cameras together. Is it just done by calibrating? At the beginning and in the middle of your video the cameras are maybe in the right order but not stiched together. After the short calibrationscreen the picture looks all nice and stiched perfect - WHY?! wink

Signature 

As always thanks to the NUI Group

Posted: 18 April 2011 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20
ISoree - 18 April 2011 01:53 PM

maybe I’m wrong but i didnt see how you stiched the 4 cameras together. Is it just done by calibrating? At the beginning and in the middle of your video the cameras are maybe in the right order but not stiched together. After the short calibrationscreen the picture looks all nice and stiched perfect - WHY?! wink

Hello - you are right - in the beginning of the video frames from cameras are not stitched. It is the first step - positioning cameras to their places - in video i show how to change position of each camera by swapping two GUIDs in CameraSettings.xml. And only after positioning cameras you can calibrate them - calibration procedure looks the same as in normal CCV calibration process. I used Fraps for capturing video - but it could only capture first few frames in calibration process (bug???). After calibration - you’ll have the same picture on your setup as you can see on video. I’ll update video with calibration process during these two days.

After calibration process tag </POINTARRAY> will contain all calibration data. And if you are going to reset calibration by some reason to default - delete everything inside </POINTARRAY> tags.

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2011 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

Video with calibration process

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2011 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12
Total Posts:  1120

Nice work...Are you planning on releasing the source for this?

Signature 

Company Website - Knode Research and Development
My Youtube

Posted: 19 April 2011 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-06
Total Posts:  168
Anat - 18 April 2011 02:12 PM

ISoree - 18 April 2011 01:53 PM

Hello - you are right - in the beginning of the video frames from cameras are not stitched. It is the first step - positioning cameras to their places - in video i show how to change position of each camera by swapping two GUIDs in CameraSettings.xml. And only after positioning cameras you can calibrate them - calibration procedure looks the same as in normal CCV calibration process. I used Fraps for capturing video - but it could only capture first few frames in calibration process (bug???). After calibration - you’ll have the same picture on your setup as you can see on video. I’ll update video with calibration process during these two days.

After calibration process tag </POINTARRAY> will contain all calibration data. And if you are going to reset calibration by some reason to default - delete everything inside </POINTARRAY> tags.

thats great thank you for making the extra videos and helping me/others
will try it when i reassemble my demotable

Signature 

As always thanks to the NUI Group

Posted: 19 April 2011 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-30
Total Posts:  201

Hey guys,

I just tried it with one cam, since it was the only one i could find in a hurry.
But it seams to be not working for me.

i changed CameraSettings.xml for single cam and used the correct guid.
I can see the camera picture in ccv - so far no problem.

But i can’t calibrate it, the button for camera settings and the key (V) doesn’t work.
Also when i klick at calibration the calibration screen comes up as usual but then it crashes imediately.

Any ideas on that ?

Posted: 19 April 2011 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

Great update videos Anat! smile The calibration process looks very intuitive, I’ll try and get this going over the upcoming weekend to help get you some more feedback.

Signature 

~

Posted: 20 April 2011 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

TODO List:
1) Add Camera Settings to CCV. Need to write universal settings command window for PS3Eye,CMU,FFMV.
2) Add support of Interleave mode for stitching frames [ADDED - watch video]
3) Add support of stitching images for non-rectangular touch screens (so - i permanently delete ability to change calibration grid in realtime - look at CALIBRATIONGRIDWIDTH and CALIBRATIONGRIDHEIGHT tags)
4) Predictive tracking algorithm for fast tracking fingers.

Known bugs:
1)When you start calibration process with active keyboard layout is different from the English - calibration crashes. In 50% setups. [FIXED]
2)Problems with use camera button

DOWNLOAD NEWEST version of attached CCV!

@payne86 - i wrote you to PM.

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2011 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

ATTENTION! Just added tool CommandCenter. This tool allows to hide CCV and run MT service and driver in daemon mode!!!

Attach you can find at the first post

Signature 

Posted: 22 April 2011 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-28
Total Posts:  332

This is awesome. Almost everyting works super. But when im in CCV and want to switch to my cam (1 ps3Eye) it crashes. I did used the CLEyeMulticam.dll from the sdk. Any advice with this problem? And also I used the config that was on the first page! Do I need to change the GUID?

(btw put everything in the startup folder from windows and voila everything works when starting up, GREAT!) But now only the cam

Signature 

MARS New Creations
My twitter account
47 inch pure design multitouch
Info & Zo - YouTube

Posted: 22 April 2011 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20

Hello - just fixed some bugs (see my TODO list in first post) and added cool feature called overlapping - you can see this feature in action in video (4 cameras are perfectly stitched!!!)

Download new version of CCV!

Signature 

Posted: 22 April 2011 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Anat, will you be releasing source code so more people can help or commit it? Putting it on github would help. I’m also confused, does it work with any 4 cameras or 4 cameras is only for PS3?

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

2 of 24