Experience NUI member input needed before I take the plunge…
Posted: 19 April 2011 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-10
Total Posts:  37

Hey gang,

Just spent the last couple of hours looking over all the different ways to interpret touches in Windows 7 and have to say I’m overwhelmed.  Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish and what I currently have setup.

Tracker Computer -Has 2 PS3 eyes with CCV 1.3 that is handling all the tracking of the blobs.  Striped version of Windows XP - squeezed to the brink for max fps.

Display Computer - My computer that will be running my application with Windows 7 Ultimate.  I’m planning on writing the application in Direct X 11.  I’m running Catalyst Control Center with multiple projectors as a display set via 1x3.  The application needs to be able to handle multiple touches, drag drop and simple clicks.  A-lot like the picture app where you can drag and drop and flick images around. 

These computers are linked up and all firewall issues and communication has been figured out.  Now for my questions and hopefully not to many barriers…

Is it possible to leverage the Windows 7 multitouch gestures within a Direct X game?  If so which drivers should I use?  Feel free to point me out to some good tutorials or web resources don’t mind reading up.

What would be the best/faster way to send the data from “Tracker Comp” to the “Display Comp” while still working with Windows multitouch.  I’m using CCV for the tracking but how should I setup the “Display Comp” for receiving?  Any clients or good setup recommendations?

Signature 

Warmest regards,

TouchPlayer

Posted: 19 April 2011 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-06
Total Posts:  173

TouchPlayer

I wish i could answer your question, but as of yet I cannot directly answer but i will dig in and ask around to see if I can. I do however have a question for you. With your multi projectors, how many projectors are you running and how are you stitching those projector images together. Are you blending or shaping at all and if so how are you doing it. Would really love to know.

Screwfunk

Signature 

Screwfunk
TouchMi inc. - 2 meter Prototype RearDI Bar

Posted: 19 April 2011 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-10
Total Posts:  37
Screwfunk - 19 April 2011 02:34 AM

TouchPlayer

I wish i could answer your question, but as of yet I cannot directly answer but i will dig in and ask around to see if I can. I do however have a question for you. With your multi projectors, how many projectors are you running and how are you stitching those projector images together. Are you blending or shaping at all and if so how are you doing it. Would really love to know.

Screwfunk

Massive work in progress.  But…

I’ve played with a couple of the projectors today - had issues with getting the third one working so had to purchase and active adapter for the console port shitty timing issue - oh well. 

The Catalyst Control Center has some very cool vertical and horizontal settings that works on all monitors within the group.  Also the projectors themselves have some clipping properties that I can tweak.  Going to take some time to get this right.  As of right now I’m building rids to hold them projectors and allowing me to manipulate their positions by moving nuts on a threaded rod.  I’m hoping I won’t have to code anything to blend it.

I’ll start a new thread in hardware and keep you posted on the progress. 

I’m doing a FRID with the silicon coated vellum surface.  I had to go this route for a bunch of reasons… (another time perhaps)
I’ve put together a manufacturing process for an incredible film - high quality - in talks with a film company to get it built and I’m planning on offering it to the NUI group @ break-even rate.  Should save people a ton of hassle and money.

Signature 

Warmest regards,

TouchPlayer

Posted: 19 April 2011 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-19
Total Posts:  2

thanks for the info.....smile its really worth for me. smile