Problems with Kivy image loader? 
Posted: 23 April 2011 01:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2011-03-14
Total Posts:  47

Hi Everyone,

When I tried to run the Pictures app in Demo folder of Kivy 1.0.5, I have problems with both my Laptop and Desktop computers.
On my Notebook (has the ATI X1300 graphics card and GL2.0), I receive the below:

Prob1.jpg

And on my desktop computer (has the nVidia GeForce 6200 and GL2.1), I receive the below:

Prob2.jpg

Are my computers miss something to load the images? Anyone experience with this, please help me!

Thanks,
Bob

Signature 

NUI NUI NUI cool smirk

Posted: 23 April 2011 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-09
Total Posts:  268

I see two issues here.

a) That OverFlow Error looks like we’re lacking proper support for your graphics card. Please open an issue at https://github.com/tito/kivy/issues and include the information you gave here + the traceback.
b) It took me a second to realize why it would try to load something like *.db. That must be the Thumbs.db hidden file that windows explorer creates when you visit that directory. I just checked the code and this issue seems to be fixed already in the development version. So either you wait for the next point release (1.0.6) which will have the fix, or you make sure that there are only *images* in the images subdirectory. I.e. try to delete the Thumbs.db file from the command-line (not in explorer preferably, as that’d recreate the file I guess).

Updating to the development version would be the better fix though.

Sorry.

Signature 

My Blog
PyMT—Create Multitouch Software easily!
Movid—New cross-platform tracker, work in progress!

Posted: 23 April 2011 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-03-14
Total Posts:  47

Thank Dennda very much, you are expert!

After copy the pictures to a new folder, now I can run the demo.

P.S. Awesome work on Kivy, I am exciting to write my first app smile

Signature 

NUI NUI NUI cool smirk

Posted: 06 March 2014 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-08-22
Total Posts:  2

i used to have problem in loading image. and now i can load image quickly from local folder. may i ask one more question, how can i load image from web? any help would be appreciated.
and can you give some simple codes on this?