2 of 2
Windows 7 Home Premium - TUIO not being sent - Look I’ve tried everything :)
Posted: 08 May 2011 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-10
Total Posts:  37
MashineGun - 08 May 2011 04:20 PM

no you need to run those exe instead of the revious one that’s all…

I got the service installed.  Changed to port 3330 and worked forward from there… Dosn’t work at all even when I reopen the WPF and press blue button doesn’t work :(

With the old version I had to run both .exe - Drivers.Console.exe and Service.console.exe?  Does the service include both of these?  Do I need to open up a port at all?  Thanks for all the help.

I’m in windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit does that matter?

Signature 

Warmest regards,

TouchPlayer

Posted: 09 May 2011 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-14
Total Posts:  1897
Dedicated

well the driver automaticly launches the service console.... it should work… dont know what’s wrong on your machine…

Signature 

One more but very useful blog : http://blog.cktouch.com/
Rear DI + Windows Seven = So Nice…

Posted: 09 May 2011 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-02-10
Total Posts:  37
MashineGun - 09 May 2011 02:59 PM

well the driver automatically launches the service console.... it should work… don’t know what’s wrong on your machine…

Should I see this console? —I mean this process is unbelievably awful - like 4 versions of the software—with different data structures and chunks of instructions that don’t seem to mix together well.  Install HID as before—there are like 4 ways to do this.  Someone needs to put together an actual good guide with check points for ways to test what is actually happening.  I’d do it but I need to get mine working LOL.  I’d recommend cleaning up the blog and reducing the items that aren’t needed and link up the posts in some logical order that one can follow through on.  Try to do precise bullet point actions.

I’m going to restart everything tomorrow from scratch (WOW).  I’ll keep you posted.  I really want to delete this thread because it isn’t helping anyone and probably confusing.

Signature 

Warmest regards,

TouchPlayer

Posted: 10 May 2011 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-14
Dedicated

when running the driver asservice you wont see a thing, that’s the point.

well it is very clear and there is nothing to remove or add. you need to follow the instructions for installation. then if you want the instructions for service, they are complementary. I’m rebulding my site and blog this summer anyway.

Signature 

Posted: 10 May 2011 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-23
Total Posts:  148

Here for all other who want a short overview how to run the system:
This is from the multitouchvista site:

Multitouch service can be started using
Multitouch.Service.Console.exe.
You can install this service as a windows service using installutil.exe
&#xwi;ndir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\installutil.exe /i Multitouch.Service.exe

Driver for Windows 7 ist located in Driver directory.
To install run Install driver.cmd.
After installing driver you have to start driver service.
This can be done by starting multitouch service followed by Multitouch.Driver.Console.exe.
Or you can just install Multitouch.Driver.Service.exe as a windows service using
&#xwi;ndir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\installutil.exe /i Multitouch.Driver.Service.exe.

Remember, if you install driver as a windows service, you don’t have to install multitouch service. It is already integrated in driver service.

After installing windows services you have to start them. Press “Start” button, type services.msc and then press “enter”. “Services” window will open. Find Multitouch input or Multitouch driver in the list and start it.

The main problem when starting the system with the console applications is that you have to consider the right order of execution:
First start the Multitouch.Service.console and afterwards start the Multitouch.driver.console.(I struggled a whole day to realize this) .
If you install the system as a “real” service with the installutil.exe everything should work right from the start.
When the system is running you have to select the right inputprovider with the Multitouch.configuration.wpf.exe (default is multimice, so you have to switch to TUIO.
MultitouchVista uses port 3333 for TUIO listening)
The naming of the system components is in my eyes a little misleading. First you install a real HID-driver and afterward you start a driver.exe (which is only a communication gateway to the HID-driver).
So you are tempt to start the driver.exe first and afterward start the service.exe, but this doesn’t work.

Posted: 10 May 2011 04:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-14
Dedicated

the service is automaticly launch when using the driver as real windows service.

the problem with the mtv original windows service is that the automatic launch is broken that’s why i’ve published a modified version with a fix (and a change of port 3330 so that port 3333 is free for other tuio apps).
anyway if you foolow instructions on my blog, it works flawlessly, have plenty of people using it, did it several time myself…

Signature 

2 of 2