Poll
what is your opinion about C.I.F and adding new section for Interactive Floor studies?
I will participate and i agree with adding new section 5
I will participate but adding new section is not necessary 0
i won’t participate but i like to test it’s results 2
i disagree with both of them 0
Total Votes: 7
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Call for participation and help to Community Interactive Floor & PS3 eye synchronization project
Posted: 01 September 2011 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-22
Total Posts:  524
Elite

hi everybody
it’s some long time that I’m away from group and have time just to read not to help the community.i wanted to write this request long time ago but i didn’t have time.
last summer i spent a lot of time and energy to find a way to sync PS3 eye with pulsed LEDs and lasers but because that time we had found wrong VSYNC pin on the PS3 eye my project didn’t succeed http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/9628/
but 3 month ago students in Texas A&M University found real VSYNC and FSYNC pins and they successfully synchronized two eye toy together and they reported their success in this thread http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/12445/. it was big news but because they didn’t announced it in a new thread, just few people here know about this approach so i decided to announce it by myself. I don’t have PS3 eye’s new version & time & lab to test the results so i want to ask you to participate for this project.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another thing i want to mention is about Interactive Floors
Nuigroup has and had the ability to develop lots of simple and advance concepts and ways of computer interaction and we have seen it’s great feedback from all over the world
we in this group can be more effective can’t we? i think we have forgotten one of interesting parts of Natural User Interaction to look deeper and that’s Interactive Floor . in fact most of us wish to setup a real working interactive floor but with less effort and we use CCV for that setup but obviously the algorithm of tracking in CCV is not suitable for Interactive floors and we need to change it to compatible one, am i right?
5 month ago i sent a P.M to Groups 1th member Christian Moore and i asked him to put a separate section in forum for
C.I.F (Community Interactive Floor) and he asked me more details of road map of that approach and he said

“I think to start we should get a good software/hardware workflow in a good organized manner so we have a reference point”

that was true but i rarely had time for, so put it on ice, then EsDorlion introduced me http://www.po-motion.com
i was thinking that interactive floors are using sophisticated algorithms but after testing po-motion i found out that it takes every frame and compare it with previous one and some threshold stuff, that’s all yes? am i right?
another way that interactive floors are working is named” matrix Tiles “ but i don’t have much info about that.
so i thought that why don’t we bring it to nuigroup community and make it more sophisticated and developed ?
i have started a poll in thread to gather votes for starting new section for C.I.F and of course i’m waiting for your help to sketch a road-map for success and thirsty of your comments to make make Interactive floors free to use too excaim
i apologize admins i just want to help
thank all of you in advance

[edit] : oops! there is a same topic that EsDorlion had started too http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/13036/

Signature 

my 19” LCD setup ----> turned into new look
my 60” FTIR setup (old video)

Posted: 01 September 2011 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-07
Total Posts:  27

wow, i didn’t know that the FSIN has been found and is usable—that’s huge news! thanks for sharing.

the VSYNC has been known for some time now. VSYNC breakout is essential for building eyewriter 2.0 so we’ve been tracking it for each new version of the ps3eye. updated info is regularly posted on the instructable. e.g., old ps3eye, v8.2, v9.2.

Posted: 01 September 2011 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-14
Total Posts:  1897
Dedicated

I will gladly participate if I have the technical capacities and knowledge !!!

Signature 

One more but very useful blog : http://blog.cktouch.com/
Rear DI + Windows Seven = So Nice…

Posted: 01 September 2011 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-15
Total Posts:  24

It is really interesting. But i am not so related with this project. Can you explain, what this project is used for?  I want to participate if i can help you.

Thanks

Posted: 01 September 2011 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-22
Elite
EsDorlion - 01 September 2011 03:39 PM

Also i call everybody who is trying to develop an interactive floor system. Please write something about your opinion to this topic http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/13036/
Thanks

why EsDorlion? you were telling me that we should gather folks that are interested in interactive floors but now you call it is not related to you? ok i know i just forgot to thank you for the first man of inspiration i’m sorry and i saw your topic after typing this topic when i was searching for your profile address
and the first part (PS3 eye) is just for report and news stuff not related to poll and call.

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2011 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1495
Administrator

@vahid

have you seen this video? they are using top down CCV to track robots… I see why tracking top down would be much different than just creating the proper light environment/plane etc… maybe LLP?

Signature 

~

Posted: 02 September 2011 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-22
Elite

i don’t think they have been changed CCV’s code or optimized it to track the toy.it’s not LLP because if it was CCV should track the toy remote on the surface too.
CCV’s problem with interactive floors is that it tracks the whole human body as one big blob and no difference between your hand or foot and it’s not matter which technique you want to use.you have seen two player soccer games as an example on Floors of course
for starting we have “Learn speed” parameter built in CCV max up to 500. it seems it’s usage is for changing background image every period of time that we adjust it right? we can increase it’s limit digit so that CCV would be able to change background every 0.5 second or less and compare it with new frames. i know it definitely will increase CPU usage but that’s the only solution i have in my pocket. any other opinion?

Signature 

Posted: 05 September 2011 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-15
Total Posts:  24
vahid - 01 September 2011 06:22 PM

why EsDorlion? you were telling me that we should gather folks that are interested in interactive floors but now you call it is not related to you? ok i know i just forgot to thank you for the first man of inspiration i’m sorry and i saw your topic after typing this topic when i was searching for your profile address
and the first part (PS3 eye) is just for report and news stuff not related to poll and call.

Sorry vahid, i misunderstand your topic and so you misunderstand me. I edited my message. It is not important for me to continue the interactive floor talking in here or in my topic. I just wanted to attract attention of experienced people to the interactive floor.
Thanks.

Posted: 05 September 2011 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-22
Elite

that was my intention too but it seems members aren’t so interested in free open source projects anymore and most of people are working on commercial projects or (kinect surfing like myself smile )

Signature