4 of 4
Windows 8 & Multitouch using PS3-Eye & CCV
Posted: 09 November 2011 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-18
Total Posts:  5

I am running it as administrator.  Have you used any of the compatability settings within win8?

Posted: 27 March 2012 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-27
Total Posts:  2

Have you guys had any luck with Windows 8 Consumer release driver for the PS3 eye?

I bought mine last week and it arrived today I am been trying on and off all day to get it to work. I am unable to get the drivers to install.

It isn’t that the drivers aren’t working but that Windows 8 CP refuses to install the drivers to the eye. I have tried older versions and the most current versions. It sits in my device manager in other devices with 2 labels, both being USB Camera-B4.09.24.1.

Whenever I try to install a driver for either one of them an error comes back saying “Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. Windows found the driver software but encountered an error while attempting to install it. The data is invalid.”

I don’t know if I am having a problem with my computer or if it is the driver. Recently pieces of my Win8 CP have been braking so I don’t know… :\

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried everything I can think of. My next move is to reinstall my OS because I think something in the registry may have broke.

Posted: 29 March 2012 02:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

Have you tried setting the Compatibility Mode on installer to Windows XP/Vista?

Signature 

~

Posted: 29 March 2012 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-27
Total Posts:  2

I finally got the drivers to install and the microphone works fine. But whenever I open something to view the video the program crashes. Do you know what it causing this? I have tried them in all compatibilities and I have reinstalled the drivers 3 or 4 times now.

Posted: 08 June 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-26
Total Posts:  12

Has anyone tried to get the drivers to work on the Windows 8 Release Preview? I can get 3.0.0.0901 to work, but not 4.0.2.1017 or any of the current releases. Every time, it crashes anything I run that uses it, except the WPF multicam test which for some reason works.

Unfortunately, I need the multi-cam to work so 3.0.0.0901 isn’t going to cut it.

Was there anything special done to get 4.0.2.1017 to work in previous Windows 8 previews?

Signature 

My Adventures Building an LCD DSI Table

Posted: 20 July 2012 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-06-12
Total Posts:  21

I’m having the same issue.

Installed latest version of the CL PS3 Eye drivers and every app (CCV, for this matter) that tries to access the cam crashes immediately. I can however use the PS3 Eye Test program that comes with the driver flawlessly.

Posted: 02 November 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-09-16
Total Posts:  1
Fairlane - 17 September 2011 01:31 AM

Ok so I like so many others was having issues running the PS3 CL-Eye driver using the Windows 8 Developer Preview.

I had tried modifying the USB system drivers from Windows 8 by using the older Windows 7 drivers without success.

Below is a short demo of it working on my table:

***UPDATE 22/10/2011***

I can confirm the new driver (CL-Eye-Driver-4.0.2.1017) works with CCV1.4 and Windows 8! wink

Multiple PS3 Eye cameras also working grin

And here’s the Backend:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here’s how I got it to work...

1). I removed the CL-Eye drivers that I had installed that kept crashing when I tried to run the CL-Eye Test program.

2). Then restarted the system.

3). Installed the older PS3 Eye drivers by AlexP (PS3Eye Camera Setup v3.0.0.0901.exe) <-- Lucky I had this still on my machine!

4). Run the test program and Wham! Picture! grin

5). Installed CCV (I think it was ver1.2 that I had at the time)

6). Downloaded and installed the SurfaceRuntime.msi package from Microsoft

7). Downloaded the BSQSimulator (Release 1.1 AnyCPU.rar) and the Driver (Driver_32Bit-64Bit.rar)

8). Installed the BSQSimulator Driver because I don’t have surface installed on my Windows 8 Drive.

9). Ran CCV, BSQSimulator - (in Administrator mode) and everything works!

I’d be interested in other peoples experiences so please let me know how you go!

Can I use normal WebCam?

Posted: 10 March 2015 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Joined  2015-02-21
Total Posts:  1

Question:

if i would like to use a windows 8 processor on my multitouch table.... what installers i would need and where would i connect my camera?? tnx tnx ^_^

4 of 4