1 of 14
CCV 1.5 Official Release
Posted: 23 October 2011 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20
Total Posts:  263

<div class="post_item">We are proud to release the latest version of CCV - our goal with this release is to offer stable multi-camera support, enhance code quality and performance. These updates are a result of our Google Summer of Code involvement this year. A big thanks goes out to my student Yishi Gou who developed a new GUI based grid system which allows for much easier camera layout with up to a 16 cameras. Beyond the new GUI views we worked very hard on testing a wide range of cameras types (CMU, DirectShow, PS3, Kinect, Firewire, etc...) and adding more robust settings.

Below you can find more demo videos, the installer for this release and as always please share your own feedback and any feature requests.
</div>

<div class="post_item">This version contains many changes in both features and the codebase:

New Features
<ul>
<li>Automatic Camera Detection</li>
<li>New Camera Layout Editor with Drag/Drop GUI and Device list.</li>
<li>Per Camera - Calibration, Preview mode and Settings Dialogs.</li>
<li>Optimized Tracking and Stiching algorithms.</li>
<li>Interleave mode for Stitching/Blending.</li>
<li>Optimized Fiducial Tracking</li>
<li>Migrated to TUIO 1.1 version for blob support.</li>
<li>Fully threaded Capture and Stiching.</li>
<li>Allows different cameras types to be used simultaneously.</li>
<li>Dynamic Threshold Option (Gives better tracking results in certain lighting scenarios)</li>
<li>Updated cameras supported (CMU, DirectShow, Firefly, Kinect and PS3 Eye)</li>
</ul>Changes
<ul>
<li>Added ofxAddons for CMU, DirectShow, FFMW and Multiplexer</li>
<li>Complete Abstraction of Camera Devices with new CameraBase Class</li>
<li>Updates to Multiplexer integrating new Camera Layout Tool</li>
<li>Rewrote some of PS3 Wrapper</li>
</ul>
</div>

<div class="post_item"> Also I have been working at CCM - a management utility that allows CCV to run a service on Windows machines. This enables full interaction between CCV and any application which supports WM_TOUCH including Microsoft Surface SDK 2.0 with fidicual mapping to MS Surface tags.
</div>

<div class=’post_item’>We really appreciate all community members feedback that we have received from CCV 1.4.1, Without your participation and testing we could not have made these improvements. Also thanks to community memebers Mathias Griffe and Sam & Arron at Touchmi for making the awesome videos showcasing the new features in this release.
</div>
<div class="post_item">Join the Discussion  |  Download Installer  |  Get the Source
</div>

<div style="background:white;width:400px;height:250px;padding-top:10px;-moz-border-radius: 5px;border-radius: 5px;">
<center>
[url="http://tinyurl.com/6xo7gy9"]
6btwchk
[/url]
</center>
</div>

File Attachments
CCV-1.5.zip  (File Size: 15536KB - Downloads: 7827)
 Signature 

Microsoft Applied Sciences Group Intern

Posted: 24 October 2011 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-10
Total Posts:  10

Just downloaded and installed this.  One interesting note - I am running Windows 8 and when I installed it (and rebooted), when I first tried to launch CCV 1.5 it simply opened the command prompt for a moment then closed the prompt and did nothing (no errors or anything).  I repeated the same thing a couple times after this.  I was about to post on this thread that it wasn’t launching...however I went back to 1.3 to play with some stuff and then when I came BACK to 1.5 it worked correctly and no longer just died right at the start.

No idea why this is - but just posting this in case anyone else hits the same issue.

Posted: 24 October 2011 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-18
Total Posts:  6

Thanks, thanks very much Anatoly smile I’ll try this now smile

Posted: 24 October 2011 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

Hey Alderez,

Thanks for the feedback, We have tested mainly on Windows 7 and XP, we did test on Windows 8 as well and ran into some issues with drivers. We will have to wait until vendors provide the official drivers for their cameras as this is the major issue. Beyond that Win8 is a developer preview so we have planned on waiting until a official release from MS until we can claim support fully. You may be able to hack a workaround using DirectShow as we had success with this working on Win8.

Signature 

~

Posted: 24 October 2011 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-05-20
Total Posts:  146

Very very good job ! Thank for everything you do ! It’s great ! I’m so happy ! Omg ! Download right now !

Signature 

Vietnam Optimize Interaction
Follow on Youtube !

My Channel Youtube !

Posted: 24 October 2011 02:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
Total Posts:  314

hi i have been trying to download but every time i try it comes down corrupt. Is there anywahere else i can get it from please.

Signature 

reallity sucks give me AR

Posted: 24 October 2011 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-21
Total Posts:  58
Christian Moore - 24 October 2011 01:25 AM

Hey Alderez,

Thanks for the feedback, We have tested mainly on Windows 7 and XP, we did test on Windows 8 as well and ran into some issues with drivers. We will have to wait until vendors provide the official drivers for their cameras as this is the major issue. Beyond that Win8 is a developer preview so we have planned on waiting until a official release from MS until we can claim support fully. You may be able to hack a workaround using DirectShow as we had success with this working on Win8.

Is there a Linux version???? this installer only works in Windows..

Posted: 24 October 2011 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-04
Total Posts:  40

Also, is there an OS X version?

Posted: 24 October 2011 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-15
Total Posts:  7

Hi Anatoly,
nicely done, your work looks awsome. I have to try out the new version as soon as possible wink
Perhaps one question, I’m a little bit jealous about your starcraft 2 with mt functionality. Any hints for me to achieve something simmilar? Did you only use MT vista?
Best regards,
masija

Posted: 24 October 2011 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Administrator

@Sid could you please try direct link: http://ccv.nuigroup.com/installer/CCV-1.5.exe

Signature 

~

Posted: 24 October 2011 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-09-25
Total Posts:  161

Great Job!!
and by the way, where is the .tree file?? cause I want to add some new fiducial markers.

thx

Alex

Signature 

http://www.mt2a.com

Multi-touch Solution and Equipment Supplier!

Posted: 24 October 2011 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
Total Posts:  314

have tried other link same problem cant get it to download. It starts then completes theni run it and get an eror message.

Image Attachments
error.jpg
 Signature 

reallity sucks give me AR

Posted: 24 October 2011 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-10
Total Posts:  19
masija - 24 October 2011 02:36 AM

Hi Anatoly,
nicely done, your work looks awsome. I have to try out the new version as soon as possible wink
Perhaps one question, I’m a little bit jealous about your starcraft 2 with mt functionality. Any hints for me to achieve something simmilar? Did you only use MT vista?
Best regards,
masija

Hi Masija,
I personnaly made the first video with starcraft 2, there are to ways to do : one the one side there is MT Vista, worked perfectly for me, and on the other side there is SGDriver, but makes normal mouse events, right click when to fingers tap, and on my setup it often failed to recognize either it was a 2 blob drag or a two blob tap, so if I can give you an advice, try it with MT Vista wink

Mathias

Posted: 24 October 2011 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-27
Total Posts:  97

To Anat and all others involved with this new version of CCV...CONGRATZ .. This has pushed CCV into the next level. The multi camera stitching is a godsend for many of use who simply want to shorten our distance by adding more cameras. For those of us who have been doing this for a while know that it was near impossible to do this until now. This truly is an amazing release...From all of us at TouchMi we want to thank you for your hard work in adding these much desired and needed features. The interface and implementation are elegant and intuitive. The idea of having calibration grids per camera is just genius.

Cant thank you guys enough

TouchMi

Signature 

TouchMi Multitouch Bar

Posted: 24 October 2011 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-04
Total Posts:  565
Elite

Wow CCV is coming on leaps and bounds!  Due to other projects My MT setup had been gathering dust shame on me!  I will have to dust it down and have a look at this.

Is there an OSX port?  LOL

Signature 

}---)))@

V JAY!  http://www.v-lux.net LASER tut http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/6407/

Architectural Technician and Building Surveys

http://www.jpgainsfordassociates.com

Posted: 24 October 2011 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Administrator

@seeacloud You can find the tree data in {CCV_DIR}/xml/template.xml with same data struct as before.

@sid This is rather odd error… would it be possible to test on another machine? it seems like you are getting a corrupt download (should be 15.1MB) as we now include the MS Redists to help assure requirements are met. Also I have attached a zipped version to main post if you could please try this version.

As far as Linux and OSX support we would really love to ship however the complexity of this release (big part being our supported device matrix) is really hard to do with limited resources. Our plans with CCV 1.3-1.5 was to work on making it “feature complete” on Windows and then migrate these new features to OSX/Linux as most of the code is already cross platform. However if there is any OSX/nix developers that would like to help accelerate this feel free to PM or reply here.

@Tochmi/Mathias thanks for the kind words and amazing demo videos… it really helped in showcasing the project and made our day.

Signature 

~

1 of 14