2 of 14
CCV 1.5 Official Release
Posted: 24 October 2011 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-25
Total Posts:  14

Great!!!
Multicam only with PS3 cam, or we can use other cameras?

Nice Job!

Posted: 24 October 2011 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-27
Total Posts:  97

@CM & Anat

Anything we can do to help the community is a pleasure for us… We plan on making some video guides from start to finish on how to use CCV and the tips and tricks we have picked up along the way. Also Id like to make a request. Would it be possible to list the names of the coders who played a part in this release so we can thank them directly...With such a great release they all deserve credit from the community…

TouchMi

Signature 

TouchMi Multitouch Bar

Posted: 24 October 2011 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
Total Posts:  313

managed to download it now works so well WELL DONE ALL

Signature 

reallity sucks give me AR

Posted: 24 October 2011 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-27
Total Posts:  97

@Sid
Remember having to stand on one leg with your nose pointed north and sacrificing a virgin barbie doll just to get cameras stitched together. And that was only if you sold your soul the the devil and had the right camera lenses. And even then it was flaky.....But that’s all over now...Its a simple as calibrating your touch points and the rest takes over...This is really a huge step for CCV.

TouchMi

Signature 

TouchMi Multitouch Bar

Posted: 24 October 2011 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-21
Total Posts:  58

Do I have to install Kinect driver in order to use it? Which driver should I use?Avin2Drivers or the official microsoft kinect driver?

Posted: 24 October 2011 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-15
Total Posts:  7
MathiasG - 24 October 2011 03:15 AM

masija - 24 October 2011 02:36 AM
Hi Anatoly,
nicely done, your work looks awsome. I have to try out the new version as soon as possible wink
Perhaps one question, I’m a little bit jealous about your starcraft 2 with mt functionality. Any hints for me to achieve something simmilar? Did you only use MT vista?
Best regards,
masija

Hi Masija,
I personnaly made the first video with starcraft 2, there are to ways to do : one the one side there is MT Vista, worked perfectly for me, and on the other side there is SGDriver, but makes normal mouse events, right click when to fingers tap, and on my setup it often failed to recognize either it was a 2 blob drag or a two blob tap, so if I can give you an advice, try it with MT Vista wink

Mathias

Hi Mathias, thanks for your fast reply, i will definitely try this out wink perhaps my progress with the MT device will be slowed down a little bit, but hey, its a blizz game on a mt device xD
Back to the topic: I tried out ccv 1.5, works very good so far and looks quite amazing! Great job! Perhaps I will add a second camera to my device to compensate the low resolution of the single camera I am using.
best regards,
masija

Posted: 24 October 2011 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-10
Total Posts:  5

I checked it out with one unibrain camera, it’s really really cool. Another great work done by NUI Group. Thmubs Up!! BTW We have modified some part in NUI’s CCV, it’s nothing as compare to the work done by NUI. We hope some users would find it helpful. We hope you will encourage us to participate in the community. We will create a separate thread to share our work.

Once again thumbs up for the great work!! Keep it up!! smile

Posted: 24 October 2011 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-02
Total Posts:  69

Congratulations on the new release and thank you! I installed it on both Win7 64bit and WinXP 32bit. No problems. GREAT WORK!!!

Signature 

MT4j Tutorials

Posted: 24 October 2011 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-10
Total Posts:  19
TouchMi - 24 October 2011 04:25 AM

Anything we can do to help the community is a pleasure for us…

Same for me ! I was very excited to help testing CCV 1.5, and I’m glad I could help. I really enjoyed shooting and building the movie on CCV, I had a great time smile

TouchMi - 24 October 2011 04:25 AM

Would it be possible to list the names of the coders who played a part in this release so we can thank them directly...With such a great release they all deserve credit from the community…

That was exactly what I wanted to ask, ‘cause I wanted to list every person as to thank them in my movie and on the forum but I didn’t know every name and feared I’d miss one or two.

Again, thanks

Mathias

Posted: 24 October 2011 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-21
Total Posts:  58

Can you tell me how to make Kinect work with CCV 1.5? I connect my Kinect to the computer, but CCV 1.5 does not seem to work with it. (I tried with NiViewer in OpenNI, Kinect works with that). It says CCV 1.5 has Kinect support, but .... how to make it work? Does it require some configrations?

Posted: 24 October 2011 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-03-12
Total Posts:  6
Christian Moore - 24 October 2011 04:08 AM

[...] most of the code is already cross platform. However if there is any OSX/nix developers that would like to help accelerate this feel free to PM or reply here.

I’d like to help if I have time, but… Where would I start with this? Is there a version of CCV that can I compile on a recent Ubuntu, without spending days googling for patches and dependencies?

Posted: 24 October 2011 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-08
Total Posts:  54

Hi,

Thx for releasesmile.

My PS3 EYE is not detect ...

Should we edit the xml?

Signature 

My RamvikTouch DI

Google+

Posted: 24 October 2011 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-04
Total Posts:  3

Dear Anatoly Hi, I am extermly thankfull to you for introducing the CCV 1.5. It is great a great acheivement in NUI researcg community. However, I am using Window Vista and using a PS3 eye Camera in my tabletop display (One camera). but when I rum the CCV 1.5 it is not detecting fingertip blobs.

In my first experiment, I managed to run CCV 1.3, it was detecting the fingertip blobs but when I run Flash applictaion for testing, it was not working. Finally, I used the TouchLib in which Flash applictaion was tested but no precesion.

Can any body help me in solving this problem. How to get flash application executable using CV 1.5 on window Vista.

Thanks

Posted: 24 October 2011 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-15
Total Posts:  418

I love the interface changes.  The camera selector is lovely!

Anatoly, thanks for letting me test this system.  For the community, the cameras I’ve tested included the follow (in mixed arrays)

Point grey firefly: USB color, USB b/w, FireWire b/w
Optitrack vs120
Ps3 eye
Various laptop integrated hd webcams
Various logitech hd webcams
Unibrain dual FireWire cams.

In all, only the optitrack failed to register reliably.

Signature 

Personal MT Blog
Mesa Mundi Inc. and Online Store

Posted: 24 October 2011 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-10
Total Posts:  47

Exciting stuff. Thank you for your commitments to the community! Can’t wait to try the multi-cam support out.

2 of 14