3 of 14
CCV 1.5 Official Release
Posted: 24 October 2011 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-08
Total Posts:  54
grimjack2600 - 24 October 2011 10:27 AM

I love the interface changes.  The camera selector is lovely!

Anatoly, thanks for letting me test this system.  For the community, the cameras I’ve tested included the follow (in mixed arrays)

Point grey firefly: USB color, USB b/w, FireWire b/w
Optitrack vs120
Ps3 eye
Various laptop integrated hd webcams
Various logitech hd webcams
Unibrain dual FireWire cams.

In all, only the optitrack failed to register reliably.

Salut,

Comment tu sélectionne une cameras ? je n’ai pas l’option et les écrans camera reste noir… j’ai la PS3.

Sorry OK !! error install smile

Signature 

My RamvikTouch DI

Google+

Posted: 24 October 2011 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-04
Total Posts:  29

Please post in english.

It’s a great release! Testet it on Windows 8 Developer Preview x64 and works fine.

Posted: 24 October 2011 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-08

there is no longer the zoom/ flip for EYE PS3?

Signature 

My RamvikTouch DI

Google+

Posted: 24 October 2011 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-08

There is a bug, after calibration, CCV zoom and distorts the capture of my PS3 EYE.

Signature 

My RamvikTouch DI

Google+

Posted: 24 October 2011 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-06
Total Posts:  21

I was having some issues with a c0150002 error when launching CCV 1.5.  I noticed that this error wasn’t happening with any of the other build versions I had on the machine.  Running Dependency Walker revealed that MFC80.dll was to blame.  It was somehow related to C++ 2005 Redistributable and different versions of the file causing problems.  I downloaded KB961894 after a lot of research and that fixed the problem.

After playing around with the xml files, I was able to get 752x480 resolution on my FFMV Firewire camera.  Awesome!  Thanks for all the hard work everyone.

Posted: 24 October 2011 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-05
Total Posts:  13

I installed CCV 1.5 and all I get in the input window is a snowy field. Similar to old TVs. And, I cannot get back to CCV 1.4 that was working. Any help will be appreciated. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.
Thanks, Rad

Posted: 24 October 2011 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20
Total Posts:  263
Chadzero - 24 October 2011 01:08 PM

I was having some issues with a c0150002 error when launching CCV 1.5.  I noticed that this error wasn’t happening with any of the other build versions I had on the machine.  Running Dependency Walker revealed that MFC80.dll was to blame.  It was somehow related to C++ 2005 Redistributable and different versions of the file causing problems.  I downloaded KB961894 after a lot of research and that fixed the problem.

After playing around with the xml files, I was able to get 752x480 resolution on my FFMV Firewire camera.  Awesome!  Thanks for all the hard work everyone.

Yeah - that’s a known problem with MSVC 2005 SP1 installer (especially if MSVC 2005 was installed) - i have integrated MSVC 2005 SP1 installer in CCV 1.5 setup - but in some cases it don’t work. So if you have c0150002 you should remove all MSVC 2005 and then reinstall CCV.

P.S. I like California smile

Signature 

Microsoft Applied Sciences Group Intern

Posted: 24 October 2011 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-06

After playing around some more, I was able to duplicate a crashing error when setting up camera placement.  If you click on one of the grid squares that you assign a camera to you can config or clear.  Clear works fine, but when I click config CCV locks up.

I was able to pickup fiducials reasonably well when inside of the cabinet.  As soon as I place them on the other side of the projection material, it doesn’t seem to want to pick them up.  I’ve attempted to use all sorts of settings combinations, but nothing seems to work.  Is my projection material just too diffuse?

Image Attachments
a.PNGb.PNG

Posted: 24 October 2011 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-20
Total Posts:  263

@Chadzero

About fiducial - you can’t use 2 or more fiducials at the same time with the same id.
About crash - i’ll check.

Signature 

Microsoft Applied Sciences Group Intern

Posted: 24 October 2011 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-06

Right, I was just trying to illustrate the difference in what the camera was showing between above and below the glass.  I was using the same fiducial, but different sizes to determine which would work best.

Also, I’m using the FFMV firewire if that helps diagnose the crash.

Posted: 24 October 2011 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
Total Posts:  314

have come accrossd a small problem when i try and calibrate it seems tio be off by an inch or 2 i remember this happened befor with an earlier version any suggestions

EDIT Have fixed it it seems that when you install it overwrites previous version if you have it in the same folder removed old version and re installed all ok.
SHOULD NOT BE SO IMPATIENT I GUESS!!

@ TOUCH MI
QUESTION IS WHAT DO I NOW DO WITH All MY VIRGIN BARBIE DOLLS!! ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A POSTCARD PLEASE
@Sid
Remember having to stand on one leg with your nose pointed north and sacrificing a virgin barbie doll just to get cameras stitched together. And that was only if you
sold your soul the the devil and had the right camera lenses. And even then it was flaky.....But that’s all over now...Its a simple as calibrating your touch points and
the rest takes over...This is really a huge step for CCV.

TouchMi

Signature 

reallity sucks give me AR

Posted: 25 October 2011 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-14
Total Posts:  819
Elite

Just saw a video of CCV 1.5, great work!!! I suppose you have used MultiTouchVista to control the Surface Laguna and Starcraft 2. Would you be so kind and mention MultiTouchVista at the and of the video like other software you have used. Thank you smile

Signature 

HID Multitouch driver for Windows 7 http://multitouchvista.codeplex.com/

Posted: 25 October 2011 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-16
Total Posts:  9

Thanks to all that made this possible! What a major step forward. I’ll report back anything odd that I encounter.

fishkid - 24 October 2011 06:33 AM

Can you tell me how to make Kinect work with CCV 1.5? I connect my Kinect to the computer, but CCV 1.5 does not seem to work with it. (I tried with NiViewer in OpenNI, Kinect works with that). It says CCV 1.5 has Kinect support, but .... how to make it work? Does it require some configurations?

CCV 1.5 runs fine on my pc (Windows 7 x64) with the CodeLabs Kinect drivers included in the CL NUI Framework (http://codelaboratories.com/nui).

You can play with the various Kinect settings as follows:

1) plugin the camera
2) start CCV
3) click setup / track
4) click on the large camera preview window
5) click on the little config button that appeared in the lower left of the camera preview window
6) a dialog pops up that allows you to set near and far depth params and select camera mode params
7) remember to save

It would be nice if we could use the Microsoft Kinect SDK drivers too.  smile

Posted: 25 October 2011 03:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-06
Total Posts:  173

@Chanzero What projection material are you using and how thick is your glass/plexi

Chadzero - 24 October 2011 02:58 PM

Is my projection material just too diffuse?

Screwfunk

Signature 

Screwfunk
TouchMi inc. - 2 meter Prototype RearDI Bar

Posted: 25 October 2011 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-04
Total Posts:  3

Dear friends Hi, I am using FTIR setup and using only one camera. I have attempted to use CCV 1.5 in my FTIR setup and using window Visita. but when I select the PS3 eye camera, it is not seem to be active and fingertip blobs are not detected. 

In addition, I also used the CCV 1.3 in which my camera is detecting fingertip blobs but when I calibarate it then red circle does not seem to be white during finger touch.

Can any body help me, I have to demonstrate my project to my supervisor tomorow

waiting for valuable guidience

Thanks

3 of 14