Quick LLP laser alignment mechanism
Posted: 22 December 2011 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-16
Total Posts:  5

I know this is not new and there have been plenty of posts of ways to do this, but I thought I would share my laser alignment mechanism since it turned out to work pretty well with minimal amount of time spent.

mvp953.jpg

Basically, a stick of white plastic with 3 holes in it mounted to the frame. This table is a test setup, and has no chassis, but this mechanism can probably be used in more permanent ways. The plastic could be wood or metal or the chassis of the table if you have a frame.
The center hole is unthreaded and it has a 1/4-20 bolt that goes into the Aixiz mount. The other two holes are threaded.
All I need to do is adjust the height and forward lean by turn the two stud screws, then I clamp it done in place with the screw in the middle. The nuts are not totally necessary but they make it more rigid and vibration-resistant.
I can rotate the laser for the axial adjustment and can rotate the laser mount on the 1/4-20 bolt prior to locking it down for the perpendicular axis.

And lastly, in case you are wondering what the strange stack of two pieces of glass is, it is a piece of privacy film between two pieces of clear glass. I can control the opacity of the film by applying current. The ultimate idea is to be able to make the interactive surface disappear and just be a window or do overlays with the environment, all on the flick of a switch. The challenge is hiding the projector and the camera.

Thanks for a nice forum, I hope this is good info.
-mat

Image Attachments
Upload-12_22_11-6.44.46-PM.jpg

Posted: 23 December 2011 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-15
Total Posts:  418

Do you mind sharing which of the privacy films you’re using?  I have some grad students who are looking for a material like this which can be applied (affordably) to a large scale project.

You references the Aixis mount, is this a stock item?

Signature 

Personal MT Blog
Mesa Mundi Inc. and Online Store

Posted: 27 December 2011 12:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-16

The mount is this one:
http://www.aixiz.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/28/products_id/99/osCsid/1eb16e422da5c51589a6e53189d67bf5
It has a threaded 1/4-20 hole in the bottom for mounting out the bolt. The two other screws just butt up against the flat bottom to control the height and angle.

I’ll post the info on the privacy film in the next day or two when I get back to working on it.
-mat

Posted: 27 December 2011 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-16

The privacy glass that I am using is this:
http://polytronix.com/privacyglass.htm

I think to buy it new is quite expensive. My piece comes left over from another project.
-mat

Posted: 21 March 2012 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-31
Total Posts:  28

Touch screen laser debugging instructions
1 1 --- Figure 4, the laser turn debugging order in Figure 6, Figure 5, Figure 7 --- Figure 9 for debugging phenomenon, check block
2 Check the fast in the infrared-sensitive surface parallel to the underside of the scale ruler.
3 commissioning process and requirements
3-1 debug: base (see Figure 5) LD1 absolute elevation should be greater than 3mm, making module pad in the bottom of the the LD1 export surface, the reference height limit.
3-2 to LD1 do first benchmark debugging (Figure 1), refer to Figure 5, point a test should be more than 1/2 of the long side of the screen (now with laser debugging distance is 1.2-1.3M, here laser most thin line), actual debugging to the farthest of the visual as a standard. Measurement block at the midpoint of the arc aa # a and a # three-point inspection, according to fine-tune the bolt of the phenomenon in Figure 7-9 to Figure 7 requirements (ie, laser projection line with the scale of the measurement block parallel)
3-3 to the measurement block twice (aa) to the laser transmitter sliding along the border, check the change of the laser projection line in Figure 7, adjust the two bolts. Laser projection line to the midline change or little change (subject to visual observation, shown in Figure 5 the overall laser axial screen far-field extension of intersection), check the change of the projection lines in the fan-a --- a # and fixed.
The LD2, 3-4 debugging, see above, see Figure 2 in the intersection area with the check block to judge (the phenomenon shown in Figure 6-9) fine-tuning bolt to achieve the coincidence of two projection lines (visual subject), check to check the fan b projection line --- b # and fixed (auxiliary detected in the projection of b # at elevation).
3-5 LD3-LD4 the same method and the LD1 and LD2 after the adjustment of fixed, so that the four laser surface relative to the screen in the visual context of a flat and micro-intersect, see Figure 4 in the central region due to far-field laser surface superposition can guarantee that the system requirements on the laser power. Superposition of the adjacent surface of the laser also allows the power distribution in the central region to meet the requirements.
Note: a key to debugging is to make sure debugging benchmark, other lasers and benchmarks to meet the debugger can debug the level of precision depends on visual, the higher the degree of overlap of the four sides the whole touch the better.
2 laser surface and the screen should be a small angle (ie, the far-field intersection), so good to avoid the problem of the two bright spots. This you do under verification.
3 fine-tuning on the four bolts, tilt or rotate debugging (both the two bolts on the remaining three bolts on the remaining two bolts or a bolt-active, you need experience in the specific debugging). This is the skill requirements of the production line mechanic (which is Anping debugging).

Image Attachments
捕捉.jpg2.JPG