MT Table Camera help needed
Posted: 30 January 2012 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14
Total Posts:  17

I had my entire table set up, and just picked up a PS3 eye, but unfortunately i read that you cannot modify the new model. If someone can tell me a way, that would be great. If not, can anyone suggest a good alternative? Are there any cheap cameras with infrared already built in?
Thanks

Posted: 31 January 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

If your looking for a cheap alternative you can buy a modifiable OEM lens from our store, along with an OEM filter and adapt it onto your camera.  You need to match the wavelength of the filter on the camera with the wavelength of your IR LEDs/lasers.

You can’t buy a camera off a retail shelf unless its modified that will filter out visible light and only see the IR of your lights.  We sell such modified cameras if you don’t want to do any modifications yourself.

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 31 January 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-14
Total Posts:  17

Thanks, sounds great. So I would want to buy the 2$ modded lens and a filter? Also, how long would the shipping take to Toronto?

Posted: 31 January 2012 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

Shipping times and pricing is based on which method you choose during checkout.  Just add the items you need to your cart to see the information.  If you have any questions please feel free to email us.

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc