Silicon foil as compliant layer
Posted: 01 March 2012 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-30
Total Posts:  17

Hi all,

I’m experimenting with an silicon foil (4mm transparent) to use as a compliant layer. As projection screen I use a Rosco foil. What I’ve read, many people apply the silicon (when pourring) directly o nthe acrylic. I’d also like to attach the silicon directly to the acrylic, as it otherwise is hard to attach without moving while touching. Anyway, this works and I get ok-blobs, when no projection layer is attached, when I add the Rosco screen, I don’t get any blobs! Am I missing something here?

Cheers

Edit:
Here’s some more information: I’m using Rosco samples at the moment and for the test I just mentioned I used the one of “negra retro 140” which I had used before to add latex, remove it, add it again and so on. I GUESS that might be the reason that I don’t get any blobs from that. I just tried a different, “unused” sample (color “azul retro 140") and now I get results, very dark blobs but at least something. Is there a way to get better blobs when using a rosco?

Posted: 01 March 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-11
Total Posts:  155

Hey.
Dunno about rosco cuz im using lcd but wht kind of silicon foil are you using? I´ve had this idea too but havent been able to get some.

Signature 

.Limpa

Posted: 01 March 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-30

I ordered some on (german) Ebay, half a square metre of transparent 4mm silicon for 12 Euro.

You can also try Rogers Corporation http://www.rogerscorporation.com

Posted: 01 March 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-30

Ok, bigger problem, I found an unused piece of black projection foil. There are no blobs visible using this one, while, there are some when using the lightgrey one (which should be the same material!). Did I miss something important??