CCV calibration on non-rectangular surfaces
Posted: 05 March 2012 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-30
Total Posts:  17

Hi all,

is there a way to change the calibration points to fit a non-rectangular screen? I have kind of a L-shaped display…

Cheers!

Posted: 05 March 2012 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-24
Total Posts:  45

Just an Idea.
I would do the calibration not in CCV, but in your host application.

I have a similar problem (circular shape), and my calibration is in the host aplication.

Posted: 06 March 2012 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-01-30
Total Posts:  17

I found another thread where they discuss calibration on circular surfaces: click here (last post from Nov 2011).

There does not seem to exist a possibility to skip certain points that do not appear on the projected image. Basically, the solution seems to be to correct missing/wrongly calibrated points afterwards in the xml file by manually calculating them from exisiting points.

Posted: 16 May 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-06
Total Posts:  21

I’m attempting to do this right now with a circular projection table and CCV 1.5. (1FFMV setup) The corners of the projected and camera images are not on the touch surface.  I touch the calibration points I can correctly, and touch the same garbage point for all the ones I can.  Then I go back and edit the garbage points, interpolating them with my best guess.  See scatterplots below.

Original.png
corrected.png

However, after trying this, my touch points are askew.  On the left hand side of the circle, I’m registering about 4in left.  Towards the right had side, it gets closer to perfect.

Any ideas?