help my infrared camera can still detect the image projected
Posted: 16 March 2012 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-08
Total Posts:  4

I have this webcam and I transform it to infrared camera by removing the square glass(I see it in youtube). My problem is my infrared camera can still detect the projected image from the mirror which is not supposed to. It would interfere in seeing the shadows of the fingers.
this are my materials used:
-Glass(for the table)
-tracing paper(placed on top of the table)
-projector
-mirror
-Creative Webcam(which I transform into Infrared Camera)

Posted: 17 March 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-15
Total Posts:  418

Hey there.  You should check out Peauproductions visible light filter offerings.

The problem sounds like you’ve removed the IR Filter, but not placed any sort of visible light filter on the system.

There are a few ways you can address this.  One is the pre-made filters which PeauProductions and a few others sell.  These ranges from glass filters with a “red/gold” mirrored side to Acrylic edges which can be used as well.  Another options is to use exposed 35mm film and cut a couple of pieces to fit over the bottom of your lens. 

If you’re lens is difficult to get under, I suggest getting a putting an acrylic or full size filter over the top.  This takes more material but is quite functional. I use this method for testing lens and new cameras.

what frequency is your IR light?  You’ll want to match your filter to the frequency—this is the frequency of light that is allowed through the filter.

Signature 

Personal MT Blog
Mesa Mundi Inc. and Online Store

Posted: 17 March 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-08
Total Posts:  4

Thank you grimjack2600 for the fast reply..  grin

Is there another way in DIY pre-made filters tutorials? I used a glass instead of Acrylic because its more sturdy and more cheaper than Acrylic.. That exposed 35mm film your referring is that the negative film that is color black? How do I put a full size filter over the top? And what is this material you are referring to?

And how can I determine the frequency of my IR light please help me I’m newbie into this things smile

Posted: 19 March 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

Yes the exposed 35mm film is the black negative film.

Just cut a square piece of the film, unscrew the lens mount and place it between the camera sensor and the lens mount.

You need to look up the wavelength of your LED source to know what band pass filter to buy for your camera.

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc