MTTextArea in mt4j
Posted: 21 March 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-13
Total Posts:  14

Hi, I am using mt4j for one of my project in my company.

I’m using MTTextArea for displaying static text.
I want to know, how to stop the text from moving if it is touched and dragged ?  I want to just have the text to remain in the same position even if its dragged.
Can anyone help me ?

Thanks,
Ashok

Posted: 22 March 2012 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-02
Total Posts:  69

Hi Ambrose,
You need to remove the input processors and gesture event listeners or you can use the setPickable method. With the setPickable method, you won’t be able to interact with the textarea at all.
When you remove input processors, you can add your own custom processors afterwards for different gestures.

textArea.setPickable(false);

or

textArea.removeAllGestureEventListeners();
textArea.unregisterAllInputProcessors();

Hope this helps

Signature 

MT4j Tutorials

Posted: 28 March 2012 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-30
Total Posts:  612
Elite

Yes,

I recommend the setPickable method if you dont need to interact with the text at all.
Im thinking about introducing a MTLabel class which facilitates that..

Signature 

MT4j - Multi-Touch for Java!

Posted: 02 April 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-13

Thanks for the reply. As am using mt4j daily for my development project and I have a bunch of clarifications/questions.

Questions:
1) Can we construct a data table with columns and rows in mt4j. Right now we have a mtcell but am able to only add one cell in MTList for scrolling.
2) Our application requires a text box and drop down menu to be included in the mt4j framework. Do we have any components in mt4j ?
3) The scene to scene slide transition is good. But can we have something similar to scene transitions happening in any tablets or ipad ? For instance
if we touch a screen in ipad and move it we can see the current scene and the next scene until we leave the finger out from the screen. But in mt4j we can only flick a scene for the transitioning. Its not having a smooth transition
from scene to scene.
4) Is there a way to label a button. All the buttons am using are image buttons with text already done using adobe photoshop. Can we have normal buttons without label so that we can label as per our needs ?
5) For placing the components I specify the specific co-ordinates. Is there a way that the placement of components changes and sits at the right position after changing the screen width and height. Everytime I change the screen size I need to change the co-ordinates of the components to make them look aligned on differants screen sizes.

I do apologize that am throwing lot of questions which might be basic. But the project am doing is really important and mt4j is something which we are depending for our touch applications. Please help us.

Posted: 05 April 2012 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-13

Is there a way that we can use a drop down menu in mt4j ? Please can anyone answer

Posted: 14 August 2012 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-08
Total Posts:  270

For a drop down menus I use a MTList which is scrollable. I have a text option which for example is “File” when the user selects “File” the MTList is visible beneath the text “File”, position relative to the File text option. You can set MTList.setVisible(true).

I hope that helps. Let me know if you get stuck.

Cheers Craig

Signature 

Multi-touch Table User Interfaces for Software Visualization
http://homepages.ecs.vuw.ac.nz/~craig (homepage)
http://www.elvis.ac.nz/Main/Multi-touchTable (48” and 28” tables)
http://softvis.wordpress.com/ (blog)