a last step
Posted: 21 March 2012 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-21
Total Posts:  10

Hi everyone. I ask a hand to give me a tip.
I’ve built a LLP+LCD 22” table with IR LED and selfmade strips , EYE3 camera , I use HP T4300 laptop, 2,1 GHz, 3G RAM, (32 bit win7, SP1, CCV1.5).
I’ve got perfect bulbs.
I read forum’s articles as more as I can about eberything (almost). 
But I’m not a programmer and being frighten, I’ve install every software which were mentioned on this forum (in any case).
.Net 4 client, Microsoft Surface 2.SDK, Microsoft XNA Framework Redistriutable 4.0, MT Vista, Surface Runtime, BSQ simulator, WM_Touch, Touch_Pak Web…
I switch on Flash XML and launch some applications from demo (Fire, Ripples). I’ve got some poor fire and weak ripples.

When I switch on TUIO UDF, I cannot launch any Microsoft apps.

But When I run Input simulation, I can use Microsoft Surface collage or Microsoft Surface Globe, using a mouse which is pretrended to be a finger.
Laguna with fishes runs like screensaver only, don’t react on the multitouch table, disappears after any mouse movement.
Actually noone Microsoft application react on my multitouch surface.
I unninstall Microsoft Surface 2.SDK and install BSQ with running Microsoft Surface 2 Runtime, install FinalDriver and got the same rewsult. No one application reacts om my table.

My questions are:
(I repeate, I’m not a programmer).
Is it correct, that TUIO mode works with Microsoft or Java or MT4j applications only (Like Flash mode with Flash applications only)?
Very few Flash applications running with my table (2 or 3 from Demo folder), the rest Flash, Java and other applications don’t work. Why?
How can I make to run them? Help me to make a last step and make to run the table with applivations

Thanks a lot for your support
Andrei

Posted: 22 March 2012 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

CCV outputs either TUIO or FlashTUIO.  To make applications respond to your fingers, it has to be looking for the TUIO interactions.  To use an application that is not looking for TUIO, you have to have a TUIO mouse driver, which converts the TUIO to mouse interaction.  You’ve listed BSQ simulator, that’s what that does.  In order to run some of the apps you’ve mentioned for instance the Microsoft Touch Pack apps, you have to also have the TUIO mouse driver running in the background.

As a test, download the Ripples application on our store here.  It looks for TUIO communications (also Windows Touch events) and should work perfectly with your existing CCV setup (make sure TUIO box is checked).  To get non-TUIO apps working, check out our TUIO mouse driver tutorial manual here.  It is more stable than the BSQ simulator you mentioned before.

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 22 March 2012 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-21

Thanks a lot for your answer, it becomes some clear.  By the way, thanks for your EYE cameras and lenses. they work perfect.
To make more precise, can all these software run together without a conflict between each other? I repeate, I’ve installed almost eash software which were mentioned here.
I remember, BSQ wrote, if you have Microsoft Surface 2 SDK, it isn’t necessary to use BSQ emulator? I don’t get a result neither using MS2SDK nor BSQ… It will be a problem if they run together?

The next question, how to determine which application uses Flash XML or TUOI UDF ? (Exept swf extention), Or swf only uses FLASH XML and all the rest apps use TUOI UDF?

I remember, someone published here a diagram with a chain of links between all drivers and softwares, but I don;t remember who did it and cannont find it again, it would be mecessary to look through all forum again…

And the last question (I hope), all installed drivers and softwares can find each other themselfs or it is necessary to extlain them how to find them each other and to correct theis config and other files and write links? 

Thanks
Andrei

PS It looks like the link at Ripples doesn’t work, I cannot download Ripples because get directly to http://www.peauproductions.com/store/ a

Posted: 22 March 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

I’ve never used the Microsoft Surface 2 SDK so I can’t help you there.

Pretty much all applications written in Flash require you to click the Flash XML box, all other applications are simply looking for TUIO UDF.

Everything should work fine together.  It’s all done by ports, so make sure CCV is sending the TUIO port to the same port that your mouse driver or application is listening for (typically the default is correct for all).

If you can’t get the Ripples link above to work, just look in our Software section for it.

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 22 March 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-21

OK, Thanks for explanations, I could download Ripples.

Posted: 22 March 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-21

WOW!!!  It starts working!!! Some movement appears with Surface Globe!!!  With pauses, delays, but came to life! Now I try with Ripples. Fantastic!

By the way, is it necessary to disactivate the pointer of laptops’touch pad? A pointer runs on the surface together with fingers… How to make it? By using Device manager?
How can I be sure Surface Runtime is running? I don’t see it neither Windows Task Manager/Processes nor ~/Services. But I see it into ~Control Panell/Programms and Features?..  And I don’t see Surface Runtime’s ~.exe, only the file for installation

I tryed to start Ripples, (thge laptop has Java 6 update 31)
An error appears (exemptions):

com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Found unsigned entry in resource: http://download.java.net/media/jogl/builds/archive/jsr-231-1.x-webstart-current/jogl.jar
at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.getCommonCodeSignersForJar(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.security.SigningInfo.check(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

‹‹ MTTextArea in mt4j      IR LED's in INDIA ››