Need to see an Elo Touch 4200L for Non-Profit project in SF Bay area. 
Posted: 27 March 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-26
Total Posts:  2

We’d like to:
- Take precise measurements of the physical device
- Plug-in and test Mac OSX driver and applications (I know this will be probably be unlikely)
- Test screen durability, reaction to fingerprints, and effects of direct sunlight on the touch tracking

4200L 42-inch Interactive Digital Signage Display (IDS)
- IntelliTouch surface wave technology
   part number: USB E841203
- optical touchscreen technology
   part number: USB E505459
*** Acoustic Pulse Recognition (APR) touch technology DOES NOT work with Mac OSX

I have checked with TE and their local distributors and have not had any luck with showrooms or even a client who might be willing to let us come take a look. I would appreciate any assistance.

Anna

Posted: 28 March 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

You can build your own “optical touchscreen technology” screen using an Infrared Touch Frame and any television.  This might be a cheaper way for you to go since you are a non-profit.

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 29 March 2012 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-08
Total Posts:  4

Yes, a Ir based overlay is very easy to set up. If you need, we can help you with this.

Posted: 30 March 2012 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-26
Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the help. TE got back to me and have helped me find a place to view the equipment.