black image with PS3 cl-eye camera
Posted: 02 April 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-28
Total Posts:  4

hi

I have a PS3 cl-eye camera which only producing a black image. There is no error at all and the camera seems to be recognised properly by the system. CCV does detect the camera and all seems ok, just the image is black. Maybe the camera got broken? It should produce some image otherwise under the sun light shouldnt it? I have tested it with three different computers using Windows XP and 7 with the latest drivers. I attach a screenshot of CCV

thanks

enrike

Image Attachments
ccv_cl-eye.gif

Posted: 02 April 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-22
Total Posts:  11

I’m new here but i think you have to set up your cameras luminosity, contrast, etc.
To do so on ccv 1.5 you should click on “setup” (top left side under calibration), then click on the black big rectangle (witch is your camera image), after you click on that you will see on the left down side of the big black rectangle (witch is your camera image) two check boxes :"config" and “clear” you should click on config and a setup window will appear with the settings from the camera :luminosity, contrast, etc.

Posted: 02 April 2012 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-29
Total Posts:  59

Yep, thats what you have to do, if you get a nice image with the cl eye test thats the solution

Posted: 02 April 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-28

mmm… thanks but we already did that and we dont see any changes in the back picture. The CL-EYE test application also shows a black image even after manipulating the values at Options > Video Capture Filter ... any other idea what might be happening?

Posted: 02 April 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-29
Total Posts:  59

did you put somthing as a filter or a negative?, maybe is blocking your sensor, or maybe is damaged :s

Posted: 03 April 2012 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-28

yes it looks like I am going to have to open it to see if something is wrong with the hardware. thanks