virtual keyboard lies over OpelGL fullscreen-app but does not appear
Posted: 23 April 2012 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-05
Total Posts:  6

Hello, i use my multitouch application (fullscreen with OpenGL) on Windows 7. The application is always on top but somehow i can activate the virtual keyboard of Windows 7. The keyboard lies on the background and will not appear for a second but it still gets the multitouch-signals and my application no longer receive any signal! i can hear the keyboard and when i close the application the keyboard lies in the middle of the screen.
Does anybody have an idea what i can do?

Posted: 17 May 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-05-21
Total Posts:  20

I know you posted this a while ago, but I wonder if in your code you could tell the virtual keyboard to minimize on launch and restore on exit?  I’m no developer, in fact I’ve only recently gotten my hardware to a place where I might be able to start learning some dev stuff.  What I really want is ironic in this case, because I want to make a virtual keyboard that can go in front of everything, no matter what’s on the screen. I don’t know if it is even possible (I think maybe with WPF?), but it’s definitely opposite of what you want.  I don’t know how “congruent” the stuff you’re writing is either, so this may be a very crummy solution, but AutoIT or AutoHotKey scripts may be able to minimize/restore windows etc.

Signature 

Blog:  http://modofthemoment.blogspot.com