Design Concept for Computer Workspace
Posted: 27 April 2012 05:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2011-03-25
Total Posts:  3

Good Day/Night Guys,

I’m not sure if this idea has been discussed before, so bear with me.  I am toying with (in my head) the design concept for different workspaces.  I am thinking about a workspace that would be applicabe for a software developer, with multiple touch screens connected to one CPU.  I intend to have these touch screens vertical and so my problem/challenge is using a/multiple projector(s) that is/are small enough so have a neat projection thru small apertures in the surface of the desk/workspace.  Are there any pen-sized micro projectors that I can use out there?  And, are there any other challenges I need to consider?

echristopher

Posted: 28 April 2012 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-13
Total Posts:  3

HI, I’ am not sure about small pen sized projection system but there is a micro projector called a PICO projector its used for embedded design in theory if its set up right this could be used to create the work space in mind, I my self is considering designing such a workspace. the projector can be found by a company called micro visions they specialize in tiny projectors and have various products on the market , might need to do some hacking as far as removal of the small projections system i think they have an android based os so building a prototype shouldn’t be that difficult . just follow your normal mt building rules and scale screen size you should come out with a functioning design.
The only draw back is that you’ll lose res and suffer from dark picture quality the smaller the less (example P1 JR. Pico @ ANSI 10 lumens and up to 50 inchs screen sizes would cost you about $139 u.s dollars found on amazon.COM JUST “SEARCH FOR PICO PROJECTORS")

Posted: 21 February 2013 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-01-17
Total Posts:  4

Hi! From your post I’m gathering you’re going to want the screen mounted against the wall? Why not use a TV or something along those lines? If you’re wanting to do software development you’ll want a fairly decent amount of pixels, otherwise your text will either be hug or unreadable. From my research, pico projectors don’t offer such a decent DPI. I could be completely wrong, however that’s what I’ve found in my experiences.

It might be worth checking out PQLabs multi touch bezels as well. I guess it all depends on what space you’re planning on putting it in. Perhaps a sketch or too will help map out any difficulties.

Signature 

"My scanner isn’t working. ERRONEOUS TWAIN”