Automatic Geometric Calibration Examples/Help? 
Posted: 02 May 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-18
Total Posts:  5

Hello everyone,

Are there any examples of automatic geometric calibration methods available?  Where the projector displays an image with visible points and calibrates the screen accordingly?

I’m continuing to develop my homemade firearm simulator using CCV and other programs.  I would like to thank everyone for their help and input in my previous post (http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/13214/).  It’s impracticable for me to physically put a LED/IR on the screen during calibration mode due to the screen size, and the fact the laser is emitted from a firearm. 

I found some commercial products that use geometric calibration, but no available programming examples for such.  Does anyone have any other suggestions or alternatives in addition to automatic geometric calibration?

I’ve attached a couple of images what I’m looking for since I don’t speak fluent Touch yet!

Thanks!

Image Attachments
whiteboardwebcam.jpgwhiteboardwebcam2.jpg

Posted: 07 May 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-25
Total Posts:  11

I have the same problem.
Do you find any solution?

author="SamuelW" date="1335989950"]Hello everyone,

Are there any examples of automatic geometric calibration methods available?  Where the projector displays an image with visible points and calibrates the screen accordingly?

I’m continuing to develop my homemade firearm simulator using CCV and other programs.  I would like to thank everyone for their help and input in my previous post (http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/13214/).  It’s impracticable for me to physically put a LED/IR on the screen during calibration mode due to the screen size, and the fact the laser is emitted from a firearm. 

I found some commercial products that use geometric calibration, but no available programming examples for such.  Does anyone have any other suggestions or alternatives in addition to automatic geometric calibration?

I’ve attached a couple of images what I’m looking for since I don’t speak fluent Touch yet!

Thanks!

Posted: 08 May 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-18
Total Posts:  5

Moderators, I now realize that this may not be the most appropriate forum section for this thread.  I’m sorry if this thread should have been in the general programming category.

Patriciarq - 07 May 2012 05:48 AM

I have the same problem.
Do you find any solution?

The only thing I’ve found shooting game developed in Python.  It’s very slow, but the programming is simple.  http://insightvr.com/
That is the only actual code I’ve found, but for obvious reasons I don’t want to use it.  I’ve looked all over the internet, and I’ve only found theories and not examples.

I’m getting to the point that I would pay someone a decent amount of money to code this.  If anyone is interested, send me a personal message.