Safe to use a mirror with short throw projector? 
Posted: 11 May 2012 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-11
Total Posts:  42

I read somewhere that you can’t really use a mirror with a short throw projector. Is that true?

They said something about the light expansion being too fast, but I’ve found a decent deal on a NEC short throw(Projection Distance: 2.9 to 5.6 ft. / 0.9 to 1.7m), which isn’t as short as I want, but I could make it work with a mirror.

Can you use a mirror with short throws, does it need to be a specially curved mirror?

Posted: 11 May 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
Total Posts:  313

i use 2 benq ultra short throw for my i bar and dont use curved mirrors i would suggest though you het the thinnest mirrors and stick them on hard wood or alluminim having thin mirror stops ghost refection but i dontuse curve and works fine only curve mirrors work if you source from the lens s designed for this and those projectors come with cruved lens even better get front surface mirrors they are very thin or i can tell you how to make some

Signature 

reallity sucks give me AR

Posted: 11 May 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-11
Total Posts:  42
Sid Sloth - 11 May 2012 11:29 AM

i use 2 benq ultra short throw for my i bar and dont use curved mirrors i would suggest though you het the thinnest mirrors and stick them on hard wood or alluminim having thin mirror stops ghost refection but i dontuse curve and works fine only curve mirrors work if you source from the lens s designed for this and those projectors come with cruved lens even better get front surface mirrors they are very thin or i can tell you how to make some

So you’re currently using a flat mirror for you bar with your ultra short throw projector, or no mirrors at all?

Posted: 11 May 2012 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-03-16
Total Posts:  313

i use one mirror on each projector and both flat and 3 mm thick mounted on hard wood for support the on th emirror assembly we use shock proof foam to elimate any vibration we tested in a club in front of bass cabs and never vibrated worked perfectly

Signature 

reallity sucks give me AR

Posted: 30 May 2012 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-05-28
Total Posts:  2

make the mini projector shroud fit into the reflector bucket. I used a belt sander to evenly fit it in. This is a step where you’ll just need to keep touching it up until it fits properly into the bucket and sits far enough back to be able to close the headlight mini projectors. You could also use a dremel for this part but it will make the job 5x mobile projector.