2 of 2
TouchInjector for Windows 8
Posted: 16 October 2012 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-08
Total Posts:  135

Hey,
Do you refer to the “Universal Access Control”?
Windows has a security feature that prevents applications to send input (through the touch injection API) to application windows with higher permissions. For example the UAC, device/services manager, and probably the lockscreen as well.
I tried to avoid this by requiring TouchInjector to be executed with maximal permissions. Maybe this was not enough for some reason.
As my touch table is located at my parents place, I can’t really debug this until the weekend.

Please try to control more sensitive system applications (services manager..), run TouchInjector with elevated permissions. (Make sure you are using a administrator account as well.)
Cheers

EDIT: Please note that if the user is logged off, TouchInjector does not run. Only Windows services can run withouth a user being logged-in..

Signature 

Twitter Blog

Posted: 16 October 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-05
Total Posts:  48

thanks for the reply, actually i tried using touchinjector as a service but somehow its not working, and crashing ! I will try other methods and if some thing works up I will post it here !

Posted: 23 October 2012 03:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-15
Total Posts:  13

Hi all

TouchInjector seems to be a cool solution but I have one problem. I build a multicam setup (6 cams) and need to activate the cams via CL-Eye Device Manager in Windows 8. Anybody here who’s using more than 2 PS3-Cams with Windows 8 and got them activated? I opened a support ticket at codelaboratories but no answer until now. The cams are running fine with the new drivers and CL-Eye Test works.

Any ideas?? grin

Posted: 23 October 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-05
Total Posts:  48
NUImusikfipsi2003 - 23 October 2012 03:57 AM

Hi all

TouchInjector seems to be a cool solution but I have one problem. I build a multicam setup (6 cams) and need to activate the cams via CL-Eye Device Manager in Windows 8. Anybody here who’s using more than 2 PS3-Cams with Windows 8 and got them activated? I opened a support ticket at codelaboratories but no answer until now. The cams are running fine with the new drivers and CL-Eye Test works.

Any ideas?? grin

The best one will be to activate them using your laptop if you have windows 7 in them, I have not used any unactivated camera on windows 8, But I didn’t get what you mean sorry if that sound weird, but As far as I can get it you have to download the multi camera pack and open it using you account that you have made in the code laboratories when you bought the pack and click the cameras that you want to activate.

Posted: 23 October 2012 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-12-15
Total Posts:  13

Okay, her is what i did:

- Purchased Camera Pack from Codelaboratories
- Installed and activated the cams via the CL-Device Manager on Win7

It was all good in Windows 7. Now I want to try Windows 8. Maybe I will try to copy the CLEyeMulticam.dll from Windows 7 to Windows 8…

Edit: Solved the Problem for now… I copied the File from Win7 Platform SDK’s Redist folder to Win8 CCV 1.5 Folder. All cams now up and running, installed TouchInjector and now have Touch Support in Windows 8…

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-25
Total Posts:  23

What a great application. I’m running it with ccv 1.5 and windows 8 64bit and it is great! Thank you thank you thank you!

Posted: 06 December 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-30
Total Posts:  23

So great and simple to use!!
I thank you very much!

I had really big problem with MTV and especially with BSQ.
And this programm is so simple!

Signature 

DSI LCD 32” with many pictures and videos:

http://nuigroup.com/S=e0ec20a79ebf6558e095464ab47332248597bb01/forums/viewthread/14648/

Posted: 11 January 2013 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-03
Total Posts:  16

Hello

and thanx for Touch Injector it´s great i use it for my HTPC
Touchscreen Table (22” Entlighten setup) as Desktop and 50"Plasma screen as extendet screen for Movies and Games ; )
I have problems with the Charmbars, there are not open.
switch back to 1 Montor setup there is no problem and every thing is fine.
i use a ATI 5770 but with Nvidia i have the same error .

please help me : )

Posted: 05 May 2013 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-03-06
Total Posts:  6

Hello,

We are using Windows 8 64-bit and CCV 1.4.
We ran the Touch Injector and it was working really nice on the Windows start screen / metro applications.
But the moment i switch to desktop view it doesn’t take in any input at all.

I tried checking the pen and touch calibration and it supposedly doesn’t detect any touch device.

The metro applications are able to take in touch gestures like app switching and tapping, etc. but app killing is a little problematic.

But the main issue comes down to not being able to use in the desktop mode.

Please do help out.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 06 May 2013 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-08
Total Posts:  135

Hey everyone,
At first I’m glad, that TouchInjector seems to be of good use for you! smile
In the past few months I’ve had very little time to continue improving TouchInjector. That’s because 1. my touch table is with my parents and 2. I’m busy studying Biology/Biotechnology.

Yesterday I’ve uploaded the latest sources to the codeplex page, which are basically those of version 1.1 plus my attempt to enable UIAccess. The lack of UIAccess=true is the main disadvantage of TouchInjector over MultiTouchVista. It’s badly documented and requires the use of certificates, which I’m not an expert on at all. If there’s anyone out there who knows how to do this, please help!

Some other bugs, especially with multi-monitor setups, such as opening the charms, are unfixed as well. If you succeed in fixing these, please email me and I will update the Codeplex page accordingly.
Of course, you can always contact me (, or @theCake on Twitter) about bugs, problems, or understanding of the source code.

I wish I had more time to continue building touch tables and keep in touch with this awesome community! =)

Best wishes,
Michael O.

Signature 

Twitter Blog

2 of 2