CCV 1.5 with 2 PS3 Eyes running on Windows 8
Posted: 30 August 2012 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-26
Total Posts:  12

I know there have been some people here that have been trying to get CCV 1.5 to work with the PS3 Eye on a version of Windows 8. After a lot of trial and error and some waiting, I was able to get it working this morning!! I now have 2 PS3 Eyes working in CCV 1.5 on Windows 8 Release Preview.

To get it to work, you need to use one of the newest version of the CLEye Driver because they support Windows 8.

Next, remove any version of the CLEye SDK and install the newest version (V1.4.0.0230) which was released earlier this month.
PS3 Eye SDK Link

After it is installed, go to the SDKs Bin folder C:\Program Files\Code Laboratories\CL-Eye Platform SDK\Bin

Copy the CLEyeMulticam.dll file.

Paste the file into the CCV 1.5 folder and overwrite the old one.

Plug in your cameras and after they are detected, launch CCV.

Once I did this, CCV 1.5 launch successfully and I am now able to use both cameras on Windows 8. I hope this helps anyone else that has been trying to figure this out.

Signature 

My Adventures Building an LCD DSI Table

Posted: 03 September 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-05-08
Total Posts:  1

You, sir, are a hero!
Thanks so much for this, been scratching my head for days over this.
Also a big thanks to the developers of CCV 1.5!

Posted: 28 October 2012 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-06
Total Posts:  168

great thank you that helped me out, also.

but I’ve now the problem after restarting the table with windows8 my cameras are didnt installed correctly. I’ve to install the driver again when windows starts. Somebody have clue whats wrong? Driver software still is installed but the 2 cameras are not know devices all the time :(

Signature 

As always thanks to the NUI Group

Posted: 29 October 2012 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-26
Total Posts:  12

I’ve been trying to figure this out too. I’ve noticed that this happens if I have the cameras plugged into USB ports that stay powered after I turn off my PC. Un-powered ports don’t seem to have this problem and the cameras show up when I restart, but the streams from the cameras freeze if I leave them running and I put the PC to sleep.

There was a driver release earlier this year that apparently fixed this, but something is still not right.

Signature 

My Adventures Building an LCD DSI Table