CCV 1.5 version that works with Point Grey’s Flea3 USB3 camera
Posted: 28 September 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-12
Total Posts:  17

So, I’ve written some code to make CCV 1.5 work with the Point Grey Flea3 camera.  The reason that it previously didn’t work is because the new USB3 cameras only support the FlyCapture 2 API version from PGR, and CCV uses the 1.x version to handle the Firefly, etc.  So, I just wrote a new camera class, altered some of the settings files, and viola...a version of CCV that runs this great new camera.  I’m still playing with the code a little, still testing some things, but it will track using my camera at 1280x1024 @ just under 20fps. 
The code is available at https://github.com/pwjones/ccv_pgr

So, if this is useful to you, take a look. And if you do, let me know if it works for you!

What I want to do is be able to track with this camera at >60 fps - and I can run the camera outside of CCV at >120fps...so the processing within CCV is slowing things down.  If anybody has ideas as to how to improve the image processing speed of CCV (break the processing into more threads or something?), I’m very much interested in putting my time in to help out - so please let me know.  I haven’t looked much at that part of the code yet...one thing at a time. 

Cheers,

Pete

Posted: 29 September 2012 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-13
Total Posts:  46

nice update for CCV 1.5!

CCV1.5 already has a multi-threaded capture and stitching algorithm.
for the image processing part, it uses an opencv wrapper for openframeworks.
for faster image processing you can also try GPU processing, a ccv version on cuda was released earlier. (you can find it here- http://nuicode.com/projects/cudacv)

if you are still trying to multi-thread the image processing pipeline, i would be happy to help.

Posted: 01 October 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-12

Thanks Pratik, I had overlooked that.  I have a couple of nvidia cards in my machine, so hopefully that will run things faster!

pratik9891 - 29 September 2012 08:00 AM

nice update for CCV 1.5!

CCV1.5 already has a multi-threaded capture and stitching algorithm.
for the image processing part, it uses an opencv wrapper for openframeworks.
for faster image processing you can also try GPU processing, a ccv version on cuda was released earlier. (you can find it here- http://nuicode.com/projects/cudacv)

if you are still trying to multi-thread the image processing pipeline, i would be happy to help.

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-14
Total Posts:  1

Did you make any head way with the GPU? I’ve been researching MT for the past year now and I am making my first MT today. Using a DSI setup with a PS3Eye modified with a CS Theia 1.8-3mm lens. I had initially wanted to use the Flea3 but couldn’t find anything that would support it. Really excited if you guys have found a way for it to work!!! Keep me updated!!

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-12
Gondeh - 10 October 2012 01:07 PM

Did you make any head way with the GPU? I’ve been researching MT for the past year now and I am making my first MT today. Using a DSI setup with a PS3Eye modified with a CS Theia 1.8-3mm lens. I had initially wanted to use the Flea3 but couldn’t find anything that would support it. Really excited if you guys have found a way for it to work!!! Keep me updated!!

Stay tuned.  I just got a new graphics card to run the CudaCV routines that Pratik mentioned (my old card was CUDA compatible but not to the right level). So I’m going to try to integrate them into CCV 1.5 as soon as I get them running.  It doesn’t look like that much work, but I’m busy traveling for the next week or so...will start it after that.  Hopefully that should get things running quickly.

Posted: 13 November 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-24
Total Posts:  23

Hi, just joining in on the discussion. We have a table that would really benefit from the flea3, but 20fps would not make it worthwhile. I’m thinking of ordering the flea3 and trying to integrate your classes with our custom version of CCV. I have some experience threading - and we have a good graphics card on our machine.... any updates over the last month?

Signature 

http://www.perspectum.com

Posted: 28 August 2014 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-08-28
Total Posts:  1

Hi , animaltrackers,

My name is Eric.

two days later,

I buy a point grey Flea3,the modle number is FL3-GE-13S2C-CS,

and I dowload the CCV1.5,

and i already dowload the Flea3’s software,like this URL