How Should I Proceed if I want to Write a Scaled Down Version of CCV
Posted: 06 October 2012 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-27
Total Posts:  10

Guys We are Creating a Multi Touch Table as a final year project in Computer Engineering.Setting up the hardware wont be much of a hassle but ..Software....probably..yes
Our Project Guidelines requires us to provide a software solution as well (The Software should be written by us..ours is a three man crew)
How Should I proceed if I want to create a mini..no..wait a minute...micro version of CCV?
I have enlightened myself that for this project I will be using C++,openFrameworks and openCV…

And please Explain me… after I have written the code to detect the blobs on the surface,how do I analyze the touch events and gesture(Are the touchevents and gesture offered as a openCV Library..?) and send this data to the computer via TUIO..(I know it is a Protocol for Tangible Surface by reacTIVision..but TUIO is what that bugs me..I mean how do send the data from the camera to the computer and the feedback system which is implemented).I checked out their various Implementation of TUIO..but did’nt know what to make of it.

What other things should i learn apart from openFrameworks and using openCV to create a desktop application for Windows...(Any Windows dependent stuff ...?)

A heartfelt thanks to everyone on NUI Group

Posted: 06 October 2012 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-13
Total Posts:  46
nivekz - 06 October 2012 02:01 AM

Guys We are Creating a Multi Touch Table as a final year project in Computer Engineering.Setting up the hardware wont be much of a hassle but ..Software....probably..yes
Our Project Guidelines requires us to provide a software solution as well (The Software should be written by us..ours is a three man crew)
How Should I proceed if I want to create a mini..no..wait a minute...micro version of CCV?
I have enlightened myself that for this project I will be using C++,openFrameworks and openCV…

yes you will be needing all these to build a simpler version of CCV. And you have asked this question before also, the reply is same, look into openframeworks! it has examples which are self explanatory.

And please Explain me… after I have written the code to detect the blobs on the surface,how do I analyze the touch events and gesture(Are the touchevents and gesture offered as a openCV Library..?)

The gesture part will be handled by the library in which you make your applications. The touch events are sent to the application using TUIO protocol.

send this data to the computer via TUIO..(I know it is a Protocol for Tangible Surface by reacTIVision..but TUIO is what that bugs me..I mean how do send the data from the camera to the computer and the feedback system which is implemented).I checked out their various Implementation of TUIO..but did’nt know what to make of it.

The easiest implementation for TUIO using openframeworks is by using ofxOSC addon (again you have to look into openframeworks first!) also you can see how CCV sends its data by looking at “TUIO.cpp and TUIO.h” in the CCV source(this is also self explanatory, look at the TUIO research paper for protocol reference)

What other things should i learn apart from openFrameworks and using openCV to create a desktop application for Windows...(Any Windows dependent stuff ...?)

you would need a library to make multitouch applications in. You have a lot of options here like Flash,pymt,mt4j,kivy etc.

That’s it, you don’t need anything else.

I hope i have answered your questions this time. (you will learn more when you start your coding)