RtAudio Problem qhen compiling CCV
Posted: 07 October 2012 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-14
Total Posts:  6

Hi , When I try to compile CCV in Ubuntu from the source code i got an error in codeblocks that says :’ RtAudio.cpp undefined reference to snd_pcm_written’ , I have follow several tutorials about compiling CCV on ubuntu , but nothing ...itś always the same error .
I have compiled the rtaudio libary from http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~gary/rtaudio/ and doesnt fix the problem

I really need some help with this ..Thanks

here is a print screen of what i get

Image Attachments
message.jpg

Posted: 08 October 2012 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-13
Total Posts:  46

which version are you trying to compile?

and rtaudio does not play any role in CCV, you might try to completely remove it from the required library listing.

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-14
Total Posts:  6

I’m trying to compile the lastest version from the svn on Ubuntu 32b 10.10 until 12.04 its always the same problem , I noticed that in build options in CB it has added the asound library with the linker directories ../../../libs/alsa/include/ and ../../../libs/alsa/include/alsa but they doesnt exits so I linked it with the directory where alsa lib is installed on my machine and now it compiles but now this is giving me some errors with freedom segmentation fault ...so idont know if it is solved , i have compiled CCV before but didnt have these problems.

If I take off the libRtAudio.a from the project then ofSoundPlayer needs it , and so on ... I havent find much information about this issue .

Posted: 08 October 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-13
Total Posts:  46

the latest release, that is CCV 1.5 was not built for linux. ( it has a majority of code that is dependent on windows)

for linux, i would suggest you revert back to CCV 1.4
i am sure that can be easily compiled on a linux machine without any glitches.