EcoTUIODriver
Posted: 15 January 2013 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2013-01-15
Total Posts:  6

Hello,

I am new (in the forum, but following you since almost 2 years) here, but came to make an announcement.

I am making my own Multitouch Table, and I am almost done, just need to configure some stuff. But anyway, when I was installing everything, I was not able the other TUIO programs/drivers unless I found THIS :

https://github.com/ecologylab/EcoTUIODriver

I saw some of you did install ECOTUIO already, but I contacted the team in charge of the program and I am now in touch with them to improve their product.

Because they are really busy, I asked them if I can introduce them here to make their product more visible and of course I hope they will have more feebacks.

I suggest you guys to go to their github page, to see the product and try it.
I am testing it since a week, and what I can say, it’s now really simple, no “gestures” recorded or anything, basically only the left click working. But what I can see is this product can be improved and have, from my point of view, a good opportunity to be a really good product (easy to install...).

MOST IMPORTANT IS THAT IS SUPPORTING WINDOWS 8 by default.

Edit 1: ECOTUIO driver is just a driver that transmit, TUIO signal from any TUIO programs (like CCV) and send them to Windows at a driver level.  So, all the gestures/left click .... have to be configured on windows side

Best regards.

PS: sorry for my english, I am french.

Posted: 15 January 2013 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

This is awesome! smile Thanks for sharing and looking forward to testing.

Signature 

~

Posted: 24 January 2013 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-01-15
Total Posts:  6

Hello,

Just to announce that we are continuing to improve the product, but for me on my table, everything is working just fine (drag, slide, right clic, zoom in, zoom out....).

It wasn’t working very fine before my computer is a quite old one (Core 2 duo), and the socket used, wasn’t ready.
So in the next version, they will add a “timeout” and check before using the socket.

I will post some videos, soon.
A quick overview (poor video) : http://upsilon.airline.free.fr/multitouch/IMG_0747.MOV.AVI

Best regards