Help identifying lcd tv disassembly parts
Posted: 05 February 2013 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-04
Total Posts:  27

I need help identifying which is which here. I don’t know where is the ffc cable. Does this have an ffc issue? it looks the same as my 2007 olevia 27” tv.

and also, having those 2 short cables that run on that rectangular board on top to the lcd normal? isn’t that supposed to be long? FFC issue or not?

Image Attachments
VO370M-K2_01.jpg

Posted: 05 February 2013 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

Most people call every cable that are those thin white cables at the top the FFC ribbons.  The issue with them is that they are impossible to cut and lengthen and you must buy longer ones if you can find them in certain TV layouts.  This TV looks like it will be easy to work with since there are only one group of those FFC cables.

All the other wires running around the picture should be easy to cut and lengthen if needed when you place all the circuit boards perpendicular to the LCD (so the camera can see the LCD without being interrupted).

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 07 February 2013 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-20
Total Posts:  27

Bottom left is the power board(contains small-large capacitors, inductors and heatsinks either soldered or bolted to tv). This is --as the name implies--the power control board. Usually the one with the bulky items
Bottom right is the Main board. This one controls the HDMI, VGA, RGB and all of those nice feats for your tv as well as the speakers.
Top center is the T-con board. This is where the main cpu is along with other processing chips. This is also the logic board.
The FFC ribbons are the one connecting the lcd matrix to the t-con board. Seems like you’ll not have too many problems here as PeauProductions indicated.

Signature 

This is good… isn’t it?