Help please..? CCV picking up projection blob.. 
Posted: 23 February 2013 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-20
Total Posts:  17

Hi smile i have succesfully built an DSI table or my school project… But There is One Tiny And irritating false blob that is coming from the projector.. I guess it’s because the projector is too bright so that One little light sircle gets shown in CCV… Is There any way to remove that blob with adding another filter? I have 3 photo negatives in my LifeCam Cinema… smile appreciate any answers ^^

Posted: 23 February 2013 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-06-10
Total Posts:  157
MultiTakkt12 - 23 February 2013 03:55 PM

Hi smile i have succesfully built an DSI table or my school project… But There is One Tiny And irritating false blob that is coming from the projector.. I guess it’s because the projector is too bright so that One little light sircle gets shown in CCV… Is There any way to remove that blob with adding another filter? I have 3 photo negatives in my LifeCam Cinema… smile appreciate any answers ^^

You have those Hot Mirrors (IR Filter) for projectors. This may be not the best site but was the fastest I got for now: http://www.reynardcorp.com/products/optical-components/mirrors/dielectric-hybrid-mirrors/88-hot-mirror.html

Posted: 23 February 2013 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-20
axer - 23 February 2013 05:38 PM

MultiTakkt12 - 23 February 2013 03:55 PM

You have those Hot Mirrors (IR Filter) for projectors. This may be not the best site but was the fastest I got for now: http://www.reynardcorp.com/products/optical-components/mirrors/dielectric-hybrid-mirrors/88-hot-mirror.html

What is hot mirrors? Is it possible to get them in a local store? I live in Norway And i have to deliver the project to my school on Wednesday next week.. So I need some alternatives…

Posted: 24 February 2013 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-10-13
Total Posts:  37

Hey, I had the same problem and I was able to achieve what you want by changing the camera position and angle in a way that it can’t see the projectors light reflection.. Hope this info helps..

Signature 

Proud FTIR Table owner..:D

Posted: 24 February 2013 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-20
saivajr - 24 February 2013 05:34 AM

Hey, I had the same problem and I was able to achieve what you want by changing the camera position and angle in a way that it can’t see the projectors light reflection.. Hope this info helps..

Oh, ok^^ going to try that when i’ve built my box for the table^^

But my projector isnt short throw… could that be the problem too?