CCV 1.4, Blob width/height not being sent after calibration
Posted: 01 July 2013 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2013-06-17
Total Posts:  6

Hi all,

I have an installation that is using CCV 1.4 alongside an air app.  Basically i needed to know the area of the blobs to be able to do some basic shape recognition. This all worked fine before calibrating to the table. But after calibrating CCV, the width and height are now always zero.

I had modified the current AS3 tuio library to bring in the width and height of Tuio cursors and activated the below var in the CCV config.

<HEIGHTWIDTH>1</HEIGHTWIDTH>

Is it a TUIO issue with the calibration? Do i need to use a later version of CCV?

Does it send tuio blob width / height rather than cursors after calibration?

Thanks

Mark

Posted: 03 July 2013 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-06-17
Total Posts:  6

Ok fixed this myself. Changed calibration to a 3 x 3 grid and re-calibrated a couple of times and the height / width came back. Must have been a rogue point.

CCV fixed a tricky interactive problem for this. Shape detection software wasn’t going to get enough clarity, and just wasn’t reliable. The client wanted no electronics in the table itself (so it could be moved easily), and be able to track objects being moved on the table surface from 3m above. With a combination of large and small blob handles it could detect the object types and their rotation to move divers around under a water scene. The divers had reflective tape on their backs and IR emitters from above.

Thought i would post my answer for the forum.

Best

Mark